I am so unmotivated

Options
I have just been off for the last two weeks, about 12 days ago my Dr put me on Levaquin for recurrent URIs and everything was fine except she said due to the risk of tendon rupture she didn't want me lifting anymore and this med i was supposed to be on for 14 days.....I figured two days later at my weigh in I would not see a big number bc I had lost 4 lbs the week before, so when I stepped on the scale and had gained 1.5 lbs I was like ok wtf.......the last friday I stepped on and had gained another 2 lbs so up 3.5 in like 9 days of being on this pill, I have still been going to the gym three times a week and thursday I started 30DS it was great. So yesterday I woke up and from my elbows to my hands and knees to my toes and my nose were completely numb and felt like pins a needles.......I called my dr and she told me to stop taking it IMMEDIATELY bc that is a serious side effect. I got on the scale this morning and I had gaine another 1.5 lbs since Friday!!!!!!!! I know it can't be for real because I pay for a local meal delivery service and my diet is 1800 calories a day....on average without exercies i burn about 2400/day per my bodymedia FIT.....anyone know what I should do???? I just want to cry.

Replies

• bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    its not unusual to have adverse sife effects from meds. if you doctor said to stop taking it, then go by his orders and know that in a week or so your body should level out. I always remind myself that this is not a race, i will get there someday.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You could possibly be having some water retention from your UTI's as well as from the medicine. This is something that you may want to mention to your doctor, maybe schedule an apt if you dont have one coming up. I know some medicines can make you retain water too. So maybe its the Levaquin. I work at a doctors office and levaquin is a pretty strong oral antibiotic. I would watch your weight over the next week to see if it is coming off. Also, increase your water intake to see if this helps. You should be drinking more water to help get rid of your UTI anyways.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Make a follow up appointment with your doctor and discuss the weight gain with her. Perhaps it's another side effect of the medication.
  • zzk0485
    zzk0485 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it could be a side effect of the medicine. Maybe you are just retaining water? Don't be so hard on yourself. Just because the scale shows you are gaining lbs doesn't necessarily mean its so horrible. Take it day by day, you know if you are eating the right number of calories and getting plenty of exercise then just keep with it. Good luck!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I would definitely look at your water intake ( I drink a gallon a day) and would also visit with you doctor.....There might be something else going on there....
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Levaquin can cause swelling and breakdown of the muscle. I don't know if that's what happened in your case (and would thus explain the weight gain). But it would be a good idea to make a follow-up appointment. In the meantime, make sure you're drinking enough water! Antibiotics can be hard on the kidneys to begin with...
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did day 2 of 30ds tonight and im trying to drink lots of water I took my measurements and I have lost 1.5 inches over the last two weeks so obviously im doing the right things I think ill boycott the scale for the next two weeks and pray its water!!!!