Lexapro, Klonopin, and Weight Loss

Options
Hello all. I am currently taking 10 mg of Lexapro and .5 mg Klonopin (only as needed though, so somedays it may be 2x a day, other days none at all). I am just wondering if any of you found it more difficult to lose weight on these prescriptions, or if the weight came off the same before you were on the meds. Thank you for your input. (Side note: Am on the Lexapro because it has done wonders for the post partum depression I experienced. Been on it for 8 months)

Replies

• pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well I wasn't on Klonopin long so I didn't notice a difference but, that's a hard one. I am on lexapro and have been for years. I have not gained weight from it, but I was on Zoloft right before and I gained 17 . I've gone down from 130 to 122.8 so far. I mean, I don' t think it's too hard, but maybe I'm used to it. I am on my feet 40 hours a week and I work out 3 or more times a week.

Now I have tried going off this medication to lose weight and to deal with depression without the crutch but I find it near impossible ..

Nonetheless. Sorry if this was confusing, I really liked your post though. I'm not the only one on these medications trying to lose weight (:
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am on Lexapro. I definitely haven't gained weight from it. I am actively losing, albeit very slowly. I honestly don't think it's the Lexapro, I think it's over indulgence on the weekends, haha!

Lexapro has been one of the easiest anti-depressants I've taken, with minimal side effects.
  • DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started Lexapro at the end of February. No issues here with losing the weight. I'm on maintenance now and not having issues with that either.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken Lexapro but I've known a few people that have taken it and they all said their appetite decreased and lost some weight.

I've taken Klonopin and it usually killed my appetite.
  • JackieLivingHealthy
    JackieLivingHealthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!! I'm going to just start eating better, maybe it is just me doing all the wrong things!! I love to read and tend to snack while doing so....gonna stop all the bad habits and hope for the best!
  • thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was on Lexapro (along with other meds) and found it nearly impossible to lose weight -- even when I was 260 and working out 60 - 90 minutes a day and eating 1600 calories a day. It took me 8 weeks to lose 5 pounds.

Once I went off the Lexapro the weight started coming off - and once I went off Nexium - the weight fell off.

But if you need the Lexapro, you NEED it, so the weight loss might have to wait a bit

Good luck
  • JackieLivingHealthy
    JackieLivingHealthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Were inches coming off tho?