Grains are COW's Food?!?!

Options
That's what I just heard! Grains are cow's food. And if u want to eat like a cow, then prepared to be a cow. WTH! I've always eaten grains and was never a cow AND I've lost weight before (twice acutally) This is my third time cuz I just had a baby 15 months ago. Who else think that this is dumb?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Dear god, tell me you're kidding....
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Nope! Some sort of modern system video that my bf is watching online. It's supposed to take the caveman out of you and shred that fat and show that you are really a caveman/woman.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Grass is what a cow is supposed to eat. Cow want grass.

They feed them grains because it's all about maximizing profits for these bloodsucking companies. Cows produce more milk eating unnatural grains along with the injections of drugs. And it makes them sick (acidic) so more drugs are administered in the form of antibiotics.

And people eat all this crap when they buy milk, cheese and their by-products.

These sickly cows are passing their sickness onto you. Boycott the system, bro. Choose grass-fed instead if you want it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Grains are cows food! Cows are people food! Roar!!

LOL, how silly.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Rather stupid idea, imho. The whole paleo / 'caveman' idea is to eat "like a caveman" before humans were cultivating grains... But when we did have cows...

So if grains weren't "cow's food" then ... how could they be "cow's food" now?

Not to mention we all know that the cow is a grazing animal - and grass-fed/free-range beef is vastly superior to grain-fed beef...

Sure, I think people can cut back on refined grains, especially refined wheat ... whole are much better for us, but to use an incredibly poor argument like "grains are cow's food" ... isn't a good way to get there.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    It's called Paleo Burn Fat Burner System
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    ...but grains aren't cow food. They're supposed to eat grass and the grains have been making the profitable instead of healthy. But I like the whole Ron Swanson "salad is what food eats" attitude.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

Oh for the love of...
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Ya and I costs money!!! I can't lose weight for free!!! Well except for buying my food but hey everybody has to buy food - it's for survival! And I got a complete home gym set up. Yeah!!!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Tell him if he wants to look at Paleo to read Robb Wolf's book "The Paleo Solution". He's at least got a degree in biochemistry and isn't a moron.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Ya and it* costs money!!! I can* lose weight for free!!! Well except for buying my food but hey everybody has to buy food - it's for survival! And I got a complete home gym set up. Yeah!!!
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options
    Paleo (the caveman diet) is the new "fad." It has a lot of good points, but just like any other fad, it is surrounded in a lot of gimmicky BS to make you feel inadequate if you don't follow it in a sheep-like fashion. I've not once met a Paleo dieter who wasn't condescending about food choices.

I do agree that we shouldn't be eating as many enriched/processed grains. Our bodies do not digest them as well. Our bodies also don't process/digest an over abundance of protein either. Eating whole grains (not whole wheat...whole grains) in moderate portions will not hurt you...as long as you don't have a gluten intolerance.

All in all, try not to eat too many processed foods and you'll be ok. :-)

[ No offense to anyone who eats Paleo. I was NOT making a broad spectrum stereotype. I am speaking from my personal experiences with those who choose to be Paleo. If you eat Paleo and don't look down on people who don't, I am not talking about you. :-) ]
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Take off the sunglasses! I keep reading your posts in a Terminator voice.
  • rainbowbow
    Options

Oh for the love of...

Yes. Ridiculous. Cows eat grass and should always eat grass. Grain fed cattle are stricken with e coil as its not what they should be eating. Corn is highly subsidized in the US hence why we are feeding almost ALL animals some clever make up of corn.

Secondly, eating "paleo" is actually nothing and I mean nothing like what our ancestors really ate.

Lastly, it's about calories in vs. calories out. Being on a stupid restrictive DIET is just that, stupid.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    There's tons of people on MFP who eat at a deficit and exercise, they have success. Why buy a program???? They say it works faster - bullcrap!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    troll?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Take off the sunglasses! I keep reading your posts in a Terminator voice.
    I like it when you talk like that!
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    There's tons of people on MFP who eat at a deficit and exercise, they have success. Why buy a program???? They say it works faster - bullcrap!

Yes. It's a fad diet. Just like Adkins. Just like the master cleanse. Just like... any fad diet. ;)

There is no special importance in cutting those things out of your diet.
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Grass is what a cow is supposed to eat. Cow want grass.

They feed them grains because it's all about maximizing profits for these bloodsucking companies. Cows produce more milk eating unnatural grains along with the injections of drugs. And it makes them sick (acidic) so more drugs are administered in the form of antibiotics.

And people eat all this crap when they buy milk, cheese and their by-products.

These sickly cows are passing their sickness onto you. Boycott the system, bro. Choose grass-fed instead if you want it.

THIS ^^^ THIS is the heroic post of the day.

Stick with grass-fed beef, milk, butter and cream and pastured eggs! Boycott the system, indeed!
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options

You don't actually have to purchase a program to eat Paleo. There are tons of free resources for it. Like I said in my post above, it's just a gimmicky way for people to pressure others into a fad diet. When the new thing comes out, you'll hear less about it.