Garlic Shrimp and Rice (((WITH PICS)))

Options
AshleyNPeters
AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
IMG_0743.jpg

I just updated my low calorie blog with a garlic shrimp and rice recipe that was to die for! Below is the recipe along with the link to my blog

http://lowcalcook.blogspot.com/

Ingredients:

- 21 Jumbo shrimp (I used shrimp cocktail)
- 1 container of rice pilaf original - 3 cups (I use the Near East brand)
- 1 cup of raw mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons of fresh Parmesan grated cheese

Directions:

Cook the rice pilaf as directed on the package. In a medium sized cooking pan, add the mushrooms and cook on medium. Once they are cooked through, add the minced garlic and tail shucked shrimp. Lower the heat to low. Once the rice is done cooking, measure out 1 cup of the rice and place it on your individual serving plate or bowl. Top with 1/3 of the shrimp mushroom and garlic mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and serve!

Nutrition Information - (This recipe makes 3 servings - the nutrition information is for 1 serving)

Calories - 356
Carbs - 44
Fat - 7
Protein - 26
Sodium - 1077
Fiber - 1

Replies

• DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    YUMMY! Thank for sharing :smile:
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump-thanks for the photo and recipe
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Dh will love this.
  • irvinbl97
    irvinbl97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to MFP, and am curious what it means when you post "bump". I'm assuming it means that you want to keep a specific post/recipe for later? Sorry for asking what is probably a very simple question!!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would lose the mushrooms cuz I hate 'em, but the rest looks really good!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Can't wait to try this!
  • mmissnelly35
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to MFP, and am curious what it means when you post "bump". I'm assuming it means that you want to keep a specific post/recipe for later? Sorry for asking what is probably a very simple question!!

Hey but I think it means agree/ like something to that.. I was wondering the same thing when I first statrd using the site
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Looks grreat Ashley!
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hey but I think it means agree/ like something to that.. I was wondering the same thing when I first statrd using the site

When people post "bump" they are either trying to get the thread back to the top of the forum or they are posting just to add the thread to their "my topics" for later reference.
  • NICGRAMGOLF
    Options
    You didn't mention if you added olive oil or cooking spray to your pan to cook the mushrooms and shrimp? Or am I missing something??
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm literally sprinting to your blog after this comment goes through!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump