Looking for a lunch wrap

Options

Replies

• elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipes....I need healthy ideas, too!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I do a wrap or sometimes pita with hummus, spinach, shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers and ultra thin swiss cheese. It's delicious and you can change up the veggies and the cheese to switch it up, or even use a flavored hummus.
  • ANTWNH
    ANTWNH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What do you mean bump for wrap?
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start making a wrap with by smearing the inside of a whole grain tortilla with homemade hummus, adding spinach, lettuce, and other veggies, and putting a little bit of cut up chicken breast in there. Hopefully that'll have good iron, protein, and fiber. I don't know if that'll suit your purposes, but it's an idea. Good luck!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Turkey, avocado and cranberry mayo! Yum!!

I like to play with my sauces... I love curried mayo, tzatziki, hummus... I usually throw it on my wrap with some chicken or turkey :)

cranberry mayo? YUM. I'll have to google that one! I just bought some turkey today!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe and use it frequently.

Flaxseed Wrap (via Wheat Belly)

3 tablespoons milled flaxseed (I originally bought whole flaxseed and had to run it through the food processor)
    3 tablespoons egg white (I use it from carton)
    1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
    2 tablespoons water
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    salt/garlic powder/onion powder/any other seasoning you love. I'm always trying different combos

Combine all ingredients and mix. I pop in the microwave for 2 minutes on a PAM coated glass dish, then let it cool, but you could also fry it up pancake style.

192 cals/ 5 carbs/ 15 fat/10 protein

It's definitely not a low calorie or fat option but all the ingredients are pretty healthy and the wrap is flavorful and delicious.
  • ctroxell2004
    Options
    BUMP= wanting a wrap now LOL
  • elis_mama
    Options
    What do you mean bump for wrap?

Type "bump" so it shows up in your news feed, so you can keep up with the recipes and keep track of the post.
  • ericainidaho
    ericainidaho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump - Truly Grain Tortillas (found at Costco) are YUM
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's what you're looking for or not, but I just toss veggies INTO my sliced meat. I don't like tracking those carbs for bread and I don't enjoy anything else, so I just wrap up my veggies with meat. :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • elis_mama
    Options
    I chop up avocado, onions (finely), sprinkle some cilantro, add a touch of lime juice and a can of garbanzo beans (Mash it all up into consistency of egg salad). Roll it up in a mission low carb high fiber wrap. Makes the yummiest and most filling wrap imaginable!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

The garbanzo beans stay whole for the most part, which gives it a nice texture.

Absolutely trying this wrap this week for lunch! Sounds awesome!
  • bmc726
    bmc726 Posts: 8
    Options
    google "flatouts"! Yum!!

This looks great!!! Going to have to pick up some at the store this weekend
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ole Extreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Wrap with chicken, Frank's buffalo sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a little yogurt ranch dressing. Yummy!
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ole Extreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Wrap with chicken, Frank's buffalo sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a little yogurt ranch dressing. Yummy!

Oops, just saw the part about veg!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I like to do Greek veggie wraps. Whole grain wrap, with roasted garlic hummus, feta, red peppers, spinach, red onions, black or kalamata olives, and cucumbers.

Or a tuna salad wrap with tuna, chopped celery, red and orange bell peppers, broccoli, red onions, mixed with about half a teaspoon of spicy mustard and a teaspoon of mayo or plain greek yogurt. I generally through a slice of provolone and some spinach and spouts in, also.
  • mamabear204
    mamabear204 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bumping for ideas too :)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I like La Tortilla Factory's wraps (lots of fiber) with roasted garlic hummus, chopped up cucumber/tomato/red onion. I usually add grilled chicken but you could just as easily put another protein in (soy, beans, etc).
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to make a recommendation on wraps. I have always had a problem with the high calorie content in a wrap, it is easy to pack in 300 calories or more in one-two wraps or tortillas. I found some at our grocery store called "Tumaros" brand tortillas, they are only 60 calories, 4 net carbs and delicious! I made one for lunch yesterday with turkey and swiss and it came out to be only 160 calories.