Calling 5'2" girls

Options

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Well the way I am losing weight is extremely restrictive, I know this is unhealthy please don't tell me =/

Well, you admit you know it's unhealthy, but do you know you will gain the weight back when you eat 'normal' again? Right? Also, you are lacking proper nutrition, so be prepared for your hair to start falling out.

Hey, at least she won't have to worry about ever getting pregnant since her body will stop her reproductive cycle! Plus, her nails will be brittle and won't grow much, so she won't have to worry about getting them done.

Wow - didn;t someone say this poster was 15 years old? Why are we all being so mean? She needs guidance, not nastiness.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My BMR is approx. 1485 so I try to net above that most days.
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" (8 years ago the Air Force told me I was 5'2 1/2"). Anyway, my current weight is 137 @ 26.1 body fat and 24.5 BMI. I am still working towards my goal weight of 125, but I think I would be just as happy @ 130. I usually do group exercises classes (Zumba, Kickboxing, Butts-n-Gutts, Crossfit) at the local YMCA or a combination of a group class with the treadmill or elliptical for about 2 hours every day. Love working out and eating healthy...helps manage stress, skin/hair looks awesome (important for 40 years old like me :smile: ), and I'm keeping diabetes (very prevalent in my family) at bay.

As far as diet, I usually stay between 1400 and 1800. As long as I create a calories deficit for the week of 3500, I'm okay. I'm in no rush to loose, but I usually loose about a 1 a week. Since the end of December, I've lost and kept off 17 pounds. It weight stays gone (so I know its not water weight but fat loss/muscle gain), and it wouldn't dare come back! Good luck with your goals!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, 5'25, and I weigh between 145-150. I've been in the 130's and I have to be too restrictive to maintain. I'm active -- in both job and I do try to workout for 30 minutes 5 times a week. I'm not trying to lose weight -- and I tend to zigzag calories, 1,400 on the low days, upwards of 2,400 on my high days.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and age 26, right now my weight is 155 been bouncing around lately due my diet but im getting back in line. i started lifting heavy for 3 weeks 4 days a week for 45 minutes and 20 to 60 minutes cardio six days a week. oh my cals is set 1390 light active im stay at home mom so i do some active with my kids so that why i got set like that. i eat most my workout cals back but leave some for error sake.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600, I am 5 1 and weight the same as you. I workout 3-4 times a week.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I'm at 1200.... I usually go over but then I work it off either walking or doing zumba...

I started out at 143 and have gotten down to 125/123 depending on when I weigh.... I'm really not trying very hard....

I eat whatever I want within reason is part of the problem...I want a coke I have 1/2 a coke...I want a candy bar...I have a candy bar.....

I'll get down to where I want eventually
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Well the way I am losing weight is extremely restrictive, I know this is unhealthy please don't tell me =/

Well, you admit you know it's unhealthy, but do you know you will gain the weight back when you eat 'normal' again? Right? Also, you are lacking proper nutrition, so be prepared for your hair to start falling out.

Hey, at least she won't have to worry about ever getting pregnant since her body will stop her reproductive cycle! Plus, her nails will be brittle and won't grow much, so she won't have to worry about getting them done.

Wow - didn;t someone say this poster was 15 years old? Why are we all being so mean? She needs guidance, not nastiness.

She said she KNOWS it's unhealthy and doesn't want to be told it is. I don't think it's 'mean' to tell her what can happen from lack of proper nutrition. Just like telling someone that smokes they may have to speak through a hole in their throat one day. I hope other people here don't read how 'easily and quickly' she lost all of her weight and follow suit!!!!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have my calories set at 1350.
  • snooj
    snooj Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 115-120 pounds, and low 20% body fat. I maintain on 1800. I just started my cut at 1500 two weeks ago so we'll see how that goes! Lost 3 pounds first week, gained one the second week, so so far it's 1lb/week. I do three full body workouts a week. Since my cut I've added two 15 minutes cardio intervals. This week I'll be adding two thirty minute cardio sessions.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Losing at 1560. I'm set at moderately active because I workout 4-6 days a week between 30-60mins. I usually eat all of my exercise calories back. I average about 1lb. a week loss.
  • pquebatlle
    Options
    hi, am almost the same height as you and started my fitness program at 130 pounds exactly 13 months ago and lost 17 pounds with strength training and intervals, plus 45 mins cardio 4 to 5 days a week. it feels great. also, lost 19 inches fat since then.
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I, am probably an exception, but I am 5'2", so will give you my answers anyway. I have MS and am off my couch/bed about 4 hrs out of each day, not always by choice and sometimes I am ok to be up and around more often. That being said, I started out at 130 in Dec and am at 122 now. It has been slow, I work out with a personal trainer 2x/wk and do at least 3 hrs of cardio a week. I eat 1300 + calories per day and eat back approx. 75% of my exercise calories. Follow no special rules as I cannot. I am more concerned about body fat and will recheck that by the end of this month. My goal is to be at 24% by June 30, as I will be 49 yrs old.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" I have my calories set at 1600 - which is my TDEE-15% for my lazy/painful days where I do nothing. I eat back almost all of my exercise cals up to about 2100-2200 total- any more than that and I feel bloated and icky even if I spent all day outside working on the homestead.....

I also set my activity level to Active because it says my daily burned calories is close to my TDEE of an average day- I did this just because whenever I clicked on finish diary it would always tell me I would way more in 5 weeks when actually eating under my TDEE and it annoyed me...
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 3/4" and started at 170 lbs. I was set at 1200 calories a day and exercised 3-4 times a week and ate all of my exercise cals back. Around 141, I started plateauing for a while and it was quite annoying so I upped my cals to 1450 a day and upped my workouts to 5-6 times a week (lessening cardio a little and adding weights and ab workouts because I was losing too much muscle mass) Last weekend I went over my calories on both friday and saturday from drinking too much, but it seemed to have help my plateau because I was at 138 this morning. Sometimes your body needs to be reminded that 1400 cals a day is not the normal and it will jumpstart your metabolism. The last 2 days I have eaten around 1300 cals a day and exercised but have not eaten back my exercise cals. It's good to switch it up a bit. I go over some on the weekends so I stay under during the week. Most days I eat my exercise cals, but some days I don't. I have 13 more lbs to reach my first goal of 125 lbs and 19 more lbs to lose to get to 119 lbs. :bigsmile:
  • awaywego1
    awaywego1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2", currently 131, started at 133 4 weeks ago. Eating around 1300 a day plus exercise-but due to health problems i have a very sedentary lifestyle so exercise is rare. I do vary my calories from day to day though to allow for meals out etc and i find this helps, i also try not to worry if i go over - as long as im eating under my tdee.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and aim for 1500 calories a day but give myself leeway between 1400 and 1600. At the moment I'm having to work with a nutritionist at the insistence of my doctor, I'm 176lbs and that's what she gave me to work with. Once I get my thyroid meds adjusted and I'm no longer working with her I'm planning on going to TDEE-20% which I think would be closer to 1800 a day last time I calculated it. Workouts very in time, intensity, and activity but I aim to be at the gym no fewer than 5 days a week.
  • janl3
    janl3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump