MEDICINE HAS CALORIES!?

Options
EpicMeyri
EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
IDK why when it tastes disgusting! Like I have a cold and I took some Nyquil and it says about 40 calories for 2 tablespoons which is 30ml.. I mean its not bad but wow everything has calories including water! The only reason it says 0 calories is b/c the calories in it are so small that it isn't even worth it..
AND OMG HALLS ARE LIKE 15 calories a drop!!! jeesh.. why can't things be zero calories??..

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Because they have sugar in them...
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I don't think people are getting fat on Nyquil and Halls. Unless I did it wrong. >_>
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I stopped taking Metamucil and have because it was 82 calories per dose. I figure I can get some real fiber for that amount.

It's crazy, huh?
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Of course it does. Anything made of carbon will have calories. Fish oil, will have quite a few of them.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't call a supplement the same thing as a medicine because fish oil is just omega 3's.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    That's why I add my supplements to my tracker, a couple of them have calories too (calcium is one of them). Does it make a huge difference? No, not really. But, it's good to know where you stand at the end of the day when you consider all the extras like medicine, supplements, and gum.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I stopped taking Metamucil and have because it was 82 calories per dose. I figure I can get some real fiber for that amount.

It's crazy, huh?

Really? Damn! I'd rather have some veg or fruit and get the extra nutrients. Now I'm going to look up the cals in my supplements...
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    glad i do not take any medication anymore
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't think people are getting fat on Nyquil and Halls. Unless I did it wrong. >_>

Obviously.. but I was just saying.. you know not a lot of people know that there are calories in medicine.. I am not saying that it'll make you fat or anything lol