30 Day Shred Level 2

Options
Today was day 1 of level 2 on the 30 day shred and all of those planks absolutely KILLED my hands and wrists. Anyone else struggling with the same problem? Is there modifications that can/should be done to help with this or is it something I'm going to have to work through?

Replies

• GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I will be starting level 2 tomorrow. do you think you can look up modifcations on you tube.com on the work outs she has you do? i know I had a hard time on level 1 doing th push ups even the girlie ones
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Today was day 1 of level 2 on the 30 day shred and all of those planks absolutely KILLED my hands and wrists. Anyone else struggling with the same problem? Is there modifications that can/should be done to help with this or is it something I'm going to have to work through?

Its hard for me too, they don't hurt after just during..I personally am going to deal with it and see if I just get stronger and maybe that will help. But if its bothering you pretty bad, maybe try to find modifications..I cant think of any though.
  • Jenya05
    Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I always hated level two; so many planks! I don't remember my hands or wrists hurting per say, but I always did them on a yoga mat so that might be why. Maybe that will help you too.
  • stephaniegcoffey
    stephaniegcoffey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you have 2 yoga mats I'd try placing them on top of each other, or put a towel under your mat for added cushioning. If you're working out on a hard surface (like a wood floor) a single yoga mat might not be enough to protect joints like knees and wrists.

I just finished day 7 of level 1 and am loving it. However, I still can only do 4 or 5 real pushups and I do the rest on my knees. For those of you on level 2, did you wait until you had mastered all the level 1 moves to progress to level 2, or did you move on after 10 days regardless?
  • ZsanettBarna
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, I ended up replacing some of them with different moves from level 1 until the pain went away. I literally couldn't bend my wrist back to hold myself on the mat, and I actually have 2 mats down so it's not because it wasn't soft. I figured I rather follow what she says, "no injuries, please."
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem but seemed to get stronger over time and it stopped hurting.
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options
    I don't have wrist issues, but I have butt bone issues! In Level 1, when we did the reverse crunches (or whatever they're called...I'm having a brain blank right now...) it KILLED my lower back/butt bone even on a yoga mat. I just placed one hand under that area to take pressure off and did them like that. I say do whatever you have to do to get it done. If you're in pain, you're more likely to injure yourself. You're also less likely to actually want to do the workout! Good luck! I hope you figure something out!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Did you try planking with elbows bent and resting on your entire forearm instead of extending your arms and putting all of your weight on your wrist?
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I hate all the planks! I do the first two sets and then for the 3rd lot in the cardio I do jumping jacks and then the final abs set I sit on my mat, knees bent and lean back then turn side to wide with my weight (crap at explaining this!) And that works my abs just as well. Or just put in some level 1 moves. Last day of level 2 for me today, can't wait to move on!
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Did you try planking with elbows bent and resting on your entire forearm instead of extending your arms and putting all of your weight on your wrist?

Never thought of this! Thanks for the tip! Will try this today.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Totally agree with this, though I find it quite hardcore (excuse the pun) on the abs this way.
  • smujambo
    smujambo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I realize I'm VERY late in the game posting a response, but have you tried planking on your fists? This way your wrists don't get bent and you're still up in the non-modified position. You'd of course want to keep your thumbs out of the fist lest you kill your thumbs. Just my two cents' worth!