Help need snack ideas! I'm about to eat oreos!

Options

Replies

• Ivoryelaine
    Ivoryelaine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE frozen mango cubes, low calorie, really good for you too. I also drink herbal tea with stevia when I am craving sweets ( no calories and good for me too) Also strawberries, sugar snap peas ( only sound fattening) I also like crispy salty sea weed and eat that instead of chips most of the time. I also find kimchee a good snack when I really want to eat for the sake of eating. It is spicy and a littlle filling and NOT high in calories. ( plus added benefit of having good bacteria in it too)

Other favorite options.....nut thins ( half a serving), bin bin crackers ( one package with 2 crackers eat slowly) A handful of raw almonds or just one tablespoon of chocolate chips ( IF you can stop there)
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!! SAREYNOO that is the greatest craving-killer I've ever seen!!!
  • Skinnyminny1968
    Skinnyminny1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The strawberrys dipped in the dark chocolate is a great snack! I would use unsweetened coco powder instead of the chocolate. It will satisfy the craving. Stay away from the oreos!!
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    http://www.sunrype.ca/viewproduct.php?line=15&group=0 are really great - sweet and only about 50 calories.

I like to eat pistachios on my gym days. Give yourself a break! Have an f-ing Oreo but have only one or two...if it is in your calorie limit who cares! Enjoy life - just don't go mental!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    they have about 160 calories for three cookies - eat three and then have a piece of fruit or something. (or, eat 6)

I agree
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Don't eat the oreos! The are mostly sugar which is a carb, which goes straight to your stomach

I thought carbs broke down into sugar...hm.

Food is not the enemy. It's not about giving up everything you love, but these suggestions seem like a great alternative to Oreos! :) And you could probably get a whole lot more out of them than 3 little cookies. :P
  • hiawathaperez
    hiawathaperez Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A muscle milk at 240 calories it will totally fill you up.
  • ecross1220
    ecross1220 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Water and magnesuim to limit the cravings
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    spider-in-oreo-enhanced-2_zps69a1a3dc.jpg

classic! Could you do that for all of my cravings too?

Please buggify:

Cadbury creme eggs
    Voortman sugar wafers
    and Cadbury creme eggs.

Did I mention Cadbury creme eggs?
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    PBJ or yogurt
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Found this recipe on a blog

Ricotta Cheesecake Bites

Ingredients:
    250g ricotta cheese (skim/low-fat)
    1 egg
    1tsp Stevia
    1tsp cinnamon

Method:
    Preheat oven to 180C.
    Mix all ingredients in a bowl until a smooth batter forms.
    Divide the batter into half of a 12-portion cupcake tin – greased (or alternatively you can use ramekins)
    Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
    Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a plate/cooking rack.
    Top with berries or any fruit you like!
    Makes 6 bite-size portions

Nutritional information (per portion without toppings):
    Calories: 57.1
    Fat: 3.3g
    Carbohydrates: 1.9g
    Protein: 4.7g

She also has a few other good recipe ideas that look yummy :)

http://leanlikelacey.com/
  • betherfany
    Options

EWWW! Ok I'm not eating the oreo's I am going to have celery and PB!
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

classic! Could you do that for all of my cravings too?

Please buggify:

Cadbury creme eggs
    Voortman sugar wafers
    and Cadbury creme eggs.

Did I mention Cadbury creme eggs?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/05/bugs-in-your-food/ Sick, processed food can be nasty.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you have on hand....but if you want clean sweets, consider:

greek yogurt sweetened with stevia

fruit

fruit ice cream smoothie (frozen banana, whey protein, 1 cup milk, sweetener of choice)

skinny cow ice cream sandwiches or 100 calorie weight watchers ice cream bars (I recommend triple divine chocolate)

or spike your oatmeal with cocoa powder and sweetener of choice - BOOM chocolate attack!

Or just have the cookies. Heck, I'd pour down about 200 calories worth of cookies if I really wanted them. Just be careful that the sugar doesn't spike your appetite later in the evening!
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really like Greek yougurt (I've been using fat but you don't have to), frozen berries, cocoa powder, truvia and a splash of whatever milk you use blended together until smoothie consistency. Today I even added a tsp of instant coffee! Might sound gross, but is SO YUMMY! I called it a mocha berry smoothie. :)
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    And an oreo cookie would go great with a mocha berry smoothie! LOL :wink:
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    Take a few slices of cucumbers and put cottage cheese in the middle. Great snack and yummy too.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Throw out the oreos.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I eat luna bars and some other randam bars like that. the kind I eat is only 180 cals. you can get them at walmart. otherwise granola bars are pretty healthy healthier then oreo's or maybe some low fat pudding.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    APPLES WITH PEANUT BUTTER. YUMMMM....

But if that's not hitting the spot, Arctic Zero protein ice cream or a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich :)