Newbie from Oz

Options
Hi there, just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm a wife and mum of 3 wanting to lose weight. I work full-time so finding time to exercise can be a little challenging with the juggle of kids, life, work etc. I've only ever been on one diet before (Weight Watchers) and did quite well but this was just before my first child was born. Then another child and then another child and now my weight has crept up on me. I need to probably lose about 14kgs (approx 30 pounds) to be at my goal weight. I thought i'd give this a go just to see if I can do this on my own first. I really hope I can do this.

I would love to hear of others who have successfully lost weight through this tracking system. Looking forward to getting to know you all too and supporting you through your journey. :)

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. And good luck with your weight loss. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here who will make things easier and help you stick to you goals. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost quite a bit since joining here which has been great. I'm now working to break at plateau that I've been on for almost a year.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think this site is terrific. I have consistently lost weight using this site, even during a 4 month period when I was unable to go to the gym due to the health problems of one of my children. You will do great here.:happy:
  • Chantillylaise
    Chantillylaise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much for your replies. I already feel supported. I'm looking so forward to starting this journey and getting to know everyone. See, I even set up my ticker! lol
  • bandit0609
    bandit0609 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! :)
    I absolutely love this site! i feel it has really help me with what to eat, portion size and motivation. People on here are so encourging!
    The best of luck to you on your journey :)
    From another Oz mum
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    welcome. from melbourne and very similar to you- feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sashd77
    sashd77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to in need of support feel free to add me as a friend and good luck we will do it!!!!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    welcome ..and enjoy the journey .its fun.
    -alex-
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Its great that you have made a decision to make lifestyle changes.This system really works and has worked for me..I have lost over 14 kgs in past 4 months. I have some more to lose..I hope you achieve your goals...just stay under your calories and exercise, even if its just a walk...All the best! :flowerforyou:
  • lphillp
    lphillp Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome, I successfully lost 3 stone with Weight Watchers to. I am now successfully losing weight with MFP. :smile:
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a mum from Oz (Melb) and have found MFP to be very helpful in losing weight and getting healthy! Good luck to you.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Adelaide Mum of 3 here too - working (FIFO), active, making it happen and here to support others too - feel free to add me... Donna
  • Ritesh_Pandey
    Ritesh_Pandey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)...I've lost 5kgs till now and have 9 more to go :)
  • willowfowler
    willowfowler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm another working mum from Oz (Sydney). I have to get serious about my diet and exercise and lose 12 kilos. I find it hard to get the work/life balance right. So, I'm starting here. ; with focus, determination and motivation.