What do you pack for lunch?

Options
I am in a rut! I seem to pack the same stuff to eat at work all the time, except for the ocassional leftover. Anyone care to share what healthy and yummy food they bring to work?

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    typically, I have some tuna wrapped in lettuce leaves, along with some deviled eggs and watermelon...I have access to a fridge,most days. On the days I can't keep my lunch cold, I opt for peanut butter on whole wheat crackers, grapes, celery and carrots and some homemade trail mix, with nuts, raisins, and dried apple slices. .I'm a creature of habit, I eat the same thing over and over til I get bored then I switch it up, takes a good month.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have access to a fridge so I bring, light miracle whip, pickles, turkey and ham, yogurt, carrot sticks, laughing cow cheese and special K crackers and sara lee honey wheat 45 cal bread. =)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs
    tuna
    nuts
    reduced fat peanut butter on a 110 calorie thin whole grain bagel (Thomas' brand)
    lettuce roll ups (romaine lettuce leaves with deli meat and what ever else you want rolled up)
    lots of cut up fruits & veggies
    yogurt
    lowfat string cheese
    low sugar high fiber cereal and/or granola
    protein shakes & protein bars
    cooked shrimp & cocktail sauce
  • abelg99
    abelg99 Posts: 4
    Options
    What are you currently eating? Would hate to give you advice on something you may already be eating yourself.

For 310 calories:
    Oro Wheat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins - 100 Calories
    Morning Star Chipotle Black Bean Burger 1/4lb Size = 210 calories

Simple little burger.

Add some lettuce or greens and your good.

The Sandwich Thins also work good for sandwiches so instead of using the blackbean burger you can substitute Turkey or Ham for the sandwich.

When I used Kirkland ( costco brand ) ham it was 2 slices for 60 calories.

The two slices fold over to make it appear to be 4 slices of ham in the sandwich and then the sandwich is only 160 calories. Add an ounce some lifetime cheese and it will be an even 200 calories.

Add a good piece of fruit and your good as a side. I've been hitting up the local farmers market on Wednesday to get some fresh fruit and veggies.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Lowfat cottage cheese and low cal canned peaches is very filling.

A sandwich made with Arnold's multigrain bread, laughing cow light cheese spread and low cal luncheon meat. And some kind of fruit.

The flat sandwich rounds and a tyson grilled chicken breast filet with laughing cow cheese and pickles and fruit.

I make my own salad with the tyson grilled diced chicken and whatever I want thrown in.

Occasionally a lean cuisine boxed dinner and fruit. An apple, peach or cantaloupe.

Birdseye asian vegetable medley with chicken (makes 2 servings so I have one for dinner and one for lunch the next day) and a kakiki vegetable egg roll.

Sometimes I get the southwest salad from chick filet wtih their berry balsamic dressing or a grilled chicken sandwich.

A double stack (a little lower in carb and more protein than the regular cheeseburger) or grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's. Or a chili when it's not such hot weather.

I know all of these things aren't as healthy or low in sodium as they could be but I"ve managed to keep myself from getting bored. And I don't do the fast foods more than once a week and sometimes not even that often.
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Once school starts back up I will once again start to take my lunch again. So I will take my left over dinner for lunch in small portions. Or sometimes a small can of tuna with some fruit.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Currently I take a packet of plain instant oatmeal, a few slices of turkey and a slice of cheese, fruit, and some greek yogurt. Every day haha. And I am now biking to and from work and jogging upwards of 4 miles daily so I am feeling like I need more to eat.

I like the idea of tuna in a lettuce leaf. I am just very uncreative and refuse to go the route of frozen dinners, simply because i always feel i can eat more fresh food for the same calories. I also never thought of bringing a veggie burger, but they are already cooked and i can whip em up in the microwave.
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    For variation, have you tried the southwest mustard? It gives that plain old sandwich some zing!