Quest bars

Options
Hi everyone !

Just wondering if some of you are familiar with Quest protein bars ?
I would like to try them... Any comments about it ?

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM!!!
    20 grams of protein
    17 grams of fiber
    VERY low sugar
    low net carbs

i mean and they are extremely delicious, whats not to love?
    i cant give them more props.

edit- if you try them i recommend the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor, microwave it for 15 seconds and youve got yourself a delicious protein packed snack

also banana nut muffin is good
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    love them! They're my favorite. Although they're bit on the pricey side.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    ive only had the cinnamon roll one but it was like candy!
  • stines72
    Options
    ive only had the cinnamon roll one but it was like candy!

cinnamon roll is delicious too, agreed.. and coconut cashew yum
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Soooo expensive for a little bar.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Soooo expensive for a little bar.
    but soo much protein and fiber for a little bar
  • fitnessdedication
    Options
    Yum ! The chocolate chip cookie dough ones look delicious... I think it would take care of my sugar cravings pretty well ;)
    Are they like a meal replacement ?
  • SweetestLibby
    Options
    Yum ! The chocolate chip cookie dough ones look delicious... I think it would take care of my sugar cravings pretty well ;)

That one is my favorite! I eat them whenever - Snacks, pre/post workout, when I'm on the go and I need something quick between work and school, etc
  • stines72
    Options

depends on how you fit them into your day really. i dont think they are anywhere near enough calories to replace a meal but i guess to each their own. i am in maintenance mode and sometimes add a bar to my oatmeal or ill eat a couple as a snack on work out days.

for instance if you ate a lot during the early parts of the day and only have 190 calories left to spend for dinner i guess you can call that a meal replacement
  • kaylakaminski
    Options
    I LOVE Quest Bars - they are the cleanest protein bar I have found that also satisfies my sweet tooth! Baking them is also amazing if you want that extra indulgent feel. I honestly am so glad I tried them. I order mine off bodybuilding.com since I'm in Canada but I know you have way more options if you are in the States - definitely try them!
  • fitnessdedication
    Options
    Okay thanks :) I think I would eat them for a pre/post workout snack !
    They have so much proteins ! And I can't believe they're so low on sugar... Wow
  • fitnessdedication
    Options
    I LOVE Quest Bars - they are the cleanest protein bar I have found that also satisfies my sweet tooth! Baking them is also amazing if you want that extra indulgent feel. I honestly am so glad I tried them. I order mine off bodybuilding.com since I'm in Canada but I know you have way more options if you are in the States - definitely try them!

I'm in Canada too ! I'll definitely take a look at that website :smile:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love the Chocolate Peanut Butter one.

I buy them at work :)

The Chocolate one is the only all chocolate one I like.

I usually have one as an afternoon snack or with a salad for lunch.
  • fitnessdedication
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone :) Can't wait to try them !
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    *flails* I want them so bad but i can't find them in Australia for a reasonable price. $8 a bar don't cut the mustard.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    17 grams of fiber
    VERY low sugar
    low net carbs
    That's the CLAIM but it's simply not reality... at least not currently...

Although I *loved* the taste of the ones I tried, like many other "low-net-carb" products (Julian Bakery Breads, Dreamfields Pasta, etc.) these are misleading IF you're looking at low-carb products.

I know over 2 dozen diabetics that have tested with these bars, and every single one had an unacceptable glucose spike from a product that's "supposedly" 4 net carbs... that would not happen if the fiber was truly indigestible.

If you don't care about the carbohydrate content (which is really about 20+ grams, depending on bar, regardless of their fiber claims), and don't have issues with glucose metabolism (ie: diabetes, insulin-resistance) then EAT THEM, they're delicious.

Some of the flavors do better if you toss them in the microwave for 10 seconds or so, btw.

EDIT: FYI, if you want to see an interview (transcript) with Ron Kane from Quest bars on the bars and diabetics responses to them, here's the link: http://www.meandmydiabetes.com/2012/03/03/high-fiber-foods-and-blood-sugar-quest-protein-bar-interview/
  • SweetestLibby
    Options
    *flails* I want them so bad but i can't find them in Australia for a reasonable price. $8 a bar don't cut the mustard.

have you tries ordering from iherb? I follow a few aussies on instagram and that's where they get them from.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    As far as the nutritional profile goes, its good.. The calories are perfect for a snack and the protein content cant be beat for the calories. I found, despite the rave reviews on taste, they are all pretty disappointing but tolerable. The GNC near my home had a buy three get one free so i bought them, still not inexpensive. I tired coconut cashew (really disappointing), cinnamon bun (decent, probably the best of the 4 i tried), chocolate peanut butter (ok, but couldn't really taste any peanut butter) and banana nut muffin (ok, but i was more hopeful about this one than it turned out to be). I find with all of them, putting them in the microwave for 5 seconds makes them taste better and improves the grainy texture. They get really gooey quickly! I dont know how heating them that way affects or doesnt affect the protein, as heating protein to a certain temperature denatures it and in some cases makes the protein less bioavailable. I would buy them again, but i wont go out of my way to do so... And i wouldn't pay full price!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options

have you tries ordering from iherb? I follow a few aussies on instagram and that's where they get them from.

Hadn't heard of that website, just looked now, thank you so much! So much more reasonable, was looking on other websites that wouldn't ship here but they do!! Thanks again, they will now be in my belly :laugh:
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried these bars yet but have been looking into them but couldn't find them in Canada but I just found out that Lowcrabgrocery.com is selling them. $30 for a box of 12 plus tax & $8 shipping & handling, makes them a bit pricey per bar though