I can see my cheekbones again!

Options
Hi everyone
Just wanted to say what a lifesaver MFP has been for me. Any time I've tried to lose weight, I've given up after not seeing any results. I know this was a mental thing, rather than anything else - I just lacked the motivation to keep it up.

When I found MFP back before Christmas last year, I realised I'd discovered my tool to success. MFP is like a game to me - it appeals to something in my personality to track and measure things, and to look at ways to give myself bonuses (e.g. by exercising!)

I really enjoy working out the calorie content of a meal BEFORE I make it - so I can make substitutions and changes to reduce the calories. I have built up a great range of recipes in this way, and it's really helped me find alternatives to some of my favourite comfort foods (like pasta).

I still have plenty of treats, and I don't worry too much on the weekends if I go a little crazy, because generally I am under my calories for the day, and have eaten healthily and gotten some decent exercise.

It's definitely working, because here we are, 5 or so months on, and I've lost nearly 6.5kg. This is a big deal for me! I can see my cheekbones again, and I'm close to the weight I was when I got married four years ago. According to BMI, I'm in the healthy weight range again (albeit just sneaking in!). I'd love to be able to lose another 10kg to get back to my weight when I met my husband, but if I can't, I'll be very happy to stick to my original goal weight of 65kg by June this year. I only have a couple of kg to go - I'm so proud :)

So I just wanted to say thank you to the creators of this tool, and also to the inspiring community. This may be my first post, but I have been lurking and reading your posts for months now, and you have helped me in many small ways :)

Tehkella

Replies

• serz81
    serz81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Keep it up! I'm working on the collar-bone look myself-lol!!!
  • tehkella
    tehkella Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks! I would also like to not have a muffin-top but I'm not sure if that's possible :P I'll get to my first goal and go from there.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • tehkella
    tehkella Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks! I intend to :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!