Finished C25k running program

Options
mygrl4meee
mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
I really did it!! I set out to do the 9 week program about 11 weeks ago. I thought I could add it to zumba and body pump days but it was too much. I added an extra day of working out and exchanged one of my zumba days to run.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever done physically when it comes to working out. I pushed thru the runs even on the days that I just wanted to quit in the middle of the run. It's been a challenge to finish it but I did it.

I was really hoping to see 3.1 miles in week 8. Day of week 9 came in at 3.09, day two came in right at 3.0 and day three came in at 3.12!!

To celebrate finishing the 9 week program I took a few hours out of my day to spoil myself. I brought my curling iron to the Y and worked on my hair after my shower. I have natural curls that come and go as they please and I really like my curls.

I watched a video on spiral curls and tried my best to mimic what I seen. I want to be a girly girl but really just stink at it. My hair came out pretty well.

I then was going to treat myself to a pedicure and when I seen the price for a manicure and pedicure I decided to go with both. It's not often that I take time to get either one of them. I tend to stay too busy and just don't have time for them.

After the pedicure and manicure I went over to Kohl's and decided to look at clothes. I only shop in the clearance section and started looking at the pants.. Wondering if I could get myself in size 10. I currently wear mostly 12's but did get a pair of corduroy pants in a size 10. It's weird how some pants/capri's wouldn't even get close in a size 10. I messed up my manicure trying on clothes!! Told ya I suck at being a girl.

I got on a pair of jeans (capri's) that were a size 10!! They were a tight fit and as much as I wanted them. I know I have better things to spend my money on and plus I have to remember just cause I can fit in something doesn't mean it really looks good.

I am signed up for a color run on June 1st and pretty excited for it. There is only one down fall. I ran on a treadmill and when I tried to run outside it was much different and I am going to have to start the ap over again to get used to running outside.

I think it's a great program but wondering if the couch part is misleading. I don't think I could have not worked out and then got off the couch and finished it.

Replies

• Ddkrause
    Ddkrause Posts: 15
    Options
    Good for you!!! I did it last year - it works!!! The first minute was harder than the 5k I actually ran in October. I am so excited I can cross that off my bucket list!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am going to work hard to switch from treadmill to running outside.
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • DiannaDC
    DiannaDC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I usually try to switch up running on the treadmill and running outside. I use the treadmill to train myself to run faster and love running outside for natural changes in elevation.
  • willtrainforchocolate
    Options
    Did you doubt you would do it? We all had faith in you and knew you would. x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!