How to lose lower tummy fat?

Options
Hi :3 I pretty much have a flat stomach except for like a lower stomach bump. Any good toning exercises or anything to help make this go away? I hate it!
Picture of tummy:
http://media.tumblr.com/64f4e6e9c4efc2e2a2dc9674489551dc/tumblr_inline_mi5l5hyVxC1razvny.jpg

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Can't really spot reduce fat from certain areas unfortunately.

I'd recommend HIIT and some weight lifting. (done safely)
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The key to getting slim abs isn't toning exercises, it's losing fat. Do more cardio and eat a little bit less. Genetics will determine where the fat comes from first but it will eventually shed from the abs. Women naturally have more fat around the lower abdomen and upper thigh, though. It's fairly normal.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less, eat the RIGHT foods. Eating clean, unprocessed foods will help.
    As metacognition said, the key is a lower BF%. Of course you got to have the abs to show them, but I'd say it's 70% nutrition and 30% exercising when it comes to abs.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Increase your cardio to the max and eat clean foods (easy on sugar and carbs but don't cut them out completely!) You gotta burn off more body fat before your muscles will really "shine through." Totally do-able if you want it! You gotta step it up, though. :)
  • j9ster
    j9ster Posts: 3
    Options
    After 21 years (and 2 kids) I have finally got rid of my tummy fat by a combo of diet and exercise but its predominantly the diet. Clean, unprocessed food. No wheat,, no refined sugar. Its a whole new way of eating, involves more prep but can be equally satisfying. It does work!
  • succubaeangel
    Options
    I have the exact same problem and I managed to solve it like this: weight training + eating in 250cal deficit. Careful with the carbs, do not let them exceed 55% of total calories and try to get more protein.

Also, I tried 'more cardio'. It works for a month, then you get your fat all back. Building muscle on the other hand will not fade away that easily.
  • FlickMclightly
    FlickMclightly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As most of the resonses .... clean up the diet ....

Cut out:

Wheat
    Processed food
    Foods that make you gassy/bloat (E.G Onions . Beans etc)
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options
    Bicycle exercise , exercise ball crunch, vertical leg crunch, long arm crunch are the best top exercises to lose belly fat .