What's your job?

Options
Do you enjoy it? Also, what's the best and worst part of your job? Just curious =)

Currently I'm a freshmen in college (not too sure what I what to major in, eek!) but I'm looking for a part-time job too. I applied online at Starbucks and Vons and I am going to start filling out some more applications very soon. Hopefully all will go well=)

Replies

• abrandnewme18
    Options
    bump...c'mon people! :bigsmile:
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm a Dispatcher for a towing company / police impound yard. I don't mind the job itself. I won't be here forever. First full time job after being a stay at home mom for 6 years. Time to finish school and shoot for my career :-) school begins again in the fall.
  • Mikki459
    Mikki459 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm an actress, singer, dancer, and writer! I love everything creative. I've been performing professionally in theatre for over 7 years and i'm a part of Actors Equity in NYC and Los Angeles. I love my job! I'm hoping to transition into film soon. I also take college classes online!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Dispatcher .

ready mix concrete trucks.commercial residential etc.
  • jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm currently a Network Engineer and sit on my butt all night long. It's not the ideal job, but it pays the bills and allows me to go back to school. Eventually, I want to work with youth or teach at the university level.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I am a hair & makeup artist.

The best part of my job? umm EVERYTHING! I get paid to do what I love to do and what I am so passionate about.. I get paid to have fun basically :) I get to make my own schedule, and be my own boss, and use my creative side, and try new things.. and always learn more as well.. I get to meet all kinds of people and also double as their therapist usually, which is sometimes fun too =)

What I don't like about my job... There are the occasional difficult clients that you can not please regardless of what you do... and it is also hard on my body when I am on my feet for most of the day, and also cutting & doing hair completely messes with my hands and wrists, I will have carpel tunnel soon enough I am sure... OH, and I hate how it is so easy to ruin great clothes by accidentally getting hair dye on them! Regardless of how careful I am, it does happen from time to time, make me so mad lol
  • BadKnee150
    Options
    Drilling Engineer ... Best job EVER... well except today where it's 4 pm in China & all my US freinds are asleep cuz it's 3am & I'm bored.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    My job? Don't have one & never will again. Last time I worked was 4 1/2 years ago & that was because I was forced to do so while injured. I got injure at work & it's so bad that I've been told I'll never work again in a job that involves any kind of lifting, standing still or sitting down.

So I workout, I run, I walk & I cry in pain each day. That's my job
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I work in corporate security. I enjoy it, but I'll enjoy it more when I have more projects and more responsibilities. Hoping for a second promotion in the next few months (only been here for two years) that would add more projects and responsibilities to my workload.
    I'm wanting to go back to school full-time and get a third degree in Engineering.

My advice is to find something you're passionate about and enjoy studying and major in that. If you can't figure it out, get out in the world and do something. If I could go back I would have found my passion and left florida for hte mountains a long time ago...but then again I wouldn't have met the love of my life or owned my two dogs -- so I guess everything really does work out for a reason...
  • Pasukaru2
    Pasukaru2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a Respiratory Therapist

I really love my job even if it's really demanding, you never know what's going to happen but that's what I like! I like also to help people with something that is easy for most of us, Breathing!
    But, as I work sometimes in the ICU, I see also lots of people on ventilators and have to remove them, either because they're getting better and don't need it anymore or because there's nothing left to do and they're going to die soon. I'd say it's the hardest part of my job and altough I never cried, I did felt sad at times for some patients and their family.
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Right now my job is looking for a job, but once I get one I'll be a mortician. Finished school recently and I adore this field.
  • dollaqie
    dollaqie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Police Officer in South Africa...............
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    security guard - and yea i am at work on the computer ! HAHHAHA
  • GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    IT Nerd and Trainer for an Insurance company in Canary Wharf. It's as exciting as it sounds - one time, I think one of my colleagues even smiled! :noway:
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I recently returned from Taiwan where I worked as an editor. I have an interview this Friday for a job within financial services.
  • YankeesG2
    YankeesG2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Security officer at the state hospital for the criminally insane.
    Love my job.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    I have 2 jobs the first one pays the bills which is Systems Administrator, I also work on the family farm/vineyard growing Concord grapes for your PB&J sandwiches.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Security officer at the state hospital for the criminally insane.
    Love my job.

holy crap you must have some stories!!

I'm a project manager at an HR firm. Been at this position about a month so far, and really liking it.
  • lana231
    lana231 Posts: 1
    Options
    I worked in Hotel managment for the last 15 years that I worked. And I loved it, got to see a lot and my vacations were better than most because I never had to pay for rooms!! But now I'm older and retired and just trying to lose some of this weight to feel healthier.
  • apgant
    apgant Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse. Most of the time I love my job because I help bring those little bambinos into the world, The worst part of my job is when the babies don't make it followed by having to deal with all the pill head moms having babies.