Questions about Beach Body Coaches...

Options
My apologies, this got a bit long...

Reason I'm posting is because I think one day I'd like to be a BB coach but I'd like to know more about this...

So I'm quite new to this Beach Body world and only found out more about it since I started doing Insanity. Because I bought Insanity, I was approached by several BB coaches and that was totally fine. Several invited me to their FB support groups and some added me as their friends. Some support groups were great, the leader or I guess the coach are motivating and always around asking questions, setting up challenges, actually supporting people but there is one group, Tribe Team Europe lead by Eddie Fit Bod and his wife Meagan Fit Bod who apparently has a huge network and the only things they've done in the entire time I've been in the group is popping in and out and say, 'Welcome XXXX who is doing XXXX program. Please give them some support.' The members of the group are amazing and I couldn't have completed Insanity without their constant positive messages but the members were the one that were supportive, not the coaches.

So imagine my surprise when one day Eddie Fit Bod posted a message saying if we are in this support group, we are not allowed to be in any other support group and if we want to stay in this support group, if BB coaching opportunity ever comes to Europe, we are expected to be 'loyal' to their team because he's created such an amazing environment for us, we'd have to be bound to this group.

I then decided to leave the group because I didn't realize I had to be loyal (his word) to them. I posted a good bye message to the friends I've made on the group and thanked them for their support. A minute after I posted it, I was kicked out of the group and my message was deleted and never seen by my friends. I only found this out because one of the friends told me she never saw any good bye messages and that I was just gone.

So MFP friends told me I should report him to BB. Out of courtesy, I messaged him and told him that is what I would do and report my first BB experience. He responded very aggressively saying that I didn't want to follow his rules and that because I'm in the UK, I can report to BB all I want because they won't do anything about it. He said he's made no money off of me so what am I complaining about? He said I did not bring any solutions to the table and just complained. I emailed back and said it was at the advice of several other BB coaches that I report him, he then responded with a much nicer message saying how he is a very well known coach and he's had so many people and that it's too bad I didn't want his help and that he wishes me good luck.

There were a few more correspondences between us and it's just him saying the same thing over and over again...

FINALLY THE QUESTION PART:

1. What is an Independent Beach Body coach? He mentioned that on several occasion, is that different from a non-independent Beach Body coach?!

2. Is it common practice for existing coaches to provide support only if you promise to be loyal to them I guess only purchasing items through them and if becoming a coach in the future, only do it under their umbrella?

I have nothing against BB programs because I think they're great. I have nothing against BB coaches because some are truly inspirational. This is not an attack on BB coaches, I simply want to know more about it.

I hope I get some good answers from good coaches...thank you for your time.

Replies

• jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have no idea either, and would like to know too. As like you I am from the UK, and have started doing the beach body programmes and have toyed with the idea of being a coach if it comes here.

I have to say when I bought my first beach body programme, I was assigned a coach, and he could not be more helpful. he texts me and speaks to me via face book very regularly and I have also become 'friends' with his coach, they seem very genuine and always answer questions and do not seem to be pushing supplements on to me. There are always a few bad apples in every barrow
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Bumping this cuz I really want to know...surely there are loads of BB coaches on this!
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't really think there is a non-independent coach for Beachbody. Every coach is an independent coach and are basically on their own when selling products.

And i wouldn't say that it's common practice to be "loyal" to one coach. It just sounds like he was rude. Most coaches I've talked to work offer support regardless of being your coach or not
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought....so do they make their own rules? Or is there like a guideline and monitored by Beachbody? I assumed this is like a franchise but BB keeps a close tab on brand image and such?
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The way I understand it from a quick Google search, is that anyone can become a Beach Body Coach as long as they pay Beach Body to do it. Here's a link to a PDF of their rules. http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/pdf/comp_plan.pdf

I would imagine that since their products are rather popular and they have zillions of coaches, unless they're getting a boatload of complaints about a aprticular couch and/or that person's sales are low, they may not really care all that much. That's just speculation on my part, though.