Exercise exhaustion

Options
Don't get me wrong, I love to exercise and I train 5-6 days a week getting in a solid 3 days of lifting and 2-3 days of cardio. But the last couple of weeks I have found my body is exhausted by the end of my week, I don't feel tired it's just my body in particular from the butt down. I used to do pilates after my last lift session for the week but I feel like I have nothing left in me to do the class. I have increased my weights a bit lately and I do push myself to better each time. I eat well and on weight days make sure I get in as much protein as possible. I have been doing strong lifts for the last 6 months.

Could this be because I'm eating at a calorie deficit and I'm not getting the fuel I need? Or do I need to just take a break from the exercise by either deloading weight and intensity or take a week off? Maybe a change in lifts?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    1 week deload then ramp it back up again.
  • ThePolishExperiment
    ThePolishExperiment Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would have to have a look at your food diary to tell you whether what your eating is affecting it, and if you open it up, i will do that for you no problem, however, if you are pushing yourself more and more each time, then you will definitely need to maybe drop one of the cardio sessions, do two cardio and 3 weights sessions, but when you do the cardio, don't just jog or run, to interval sprints. 30 seconds hard sprinting, 30 seconds moderate pace, and see how that works out. If you need any help, just add me and we can talk it over .
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I have deloaded my weights, and will back of cardio a little. I was previously doing HIIT, but for a week or 2 will just do a slower steady pace. Actually feel pretty good after todays weights, butt and legs still feel tight so hopefully I can get back into pilates to stretch it all out again.