I'm a mommy, so this is huge.

Options
saldelmar
saldelmar Posts: 40 Member
After having two beautiful, amazing kids, I came to the point where I just wanted my body back. Yesterday, when my youngest turned 18 months (happy half-a-birthday, my love!), I weighed in at a healthy BMI for the first time in 4+ years!!! In mid-December 2012, I was close to the obese category. I began the journey to get healthy (and for me, it really has been a journey with a destination in mind, though I know some people don't agree with calling it a "journey" because that implies you're done at some point. I think of journies as ongoing, so this metaphor works for me. :-) )

In December 2012, I weighed 162 (at 5'2") and looked like this:
IMG_7100.jpg

And now, I weigh 136 (with a BMI of 25.9!!) and look like this:
IMG_7675.jpg

And, as a bonus, my wedding ring now fits comfortably again - yay!

Replies

• Kaathmandu
    Kaathmandu Posts: 129
    Options
    Congratulations, Yummy Mummy!!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You are motivation for me to shed my pregnancy weight! I can relate to wanting your body back and would love to get advice on how you did it.
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Kudos!!!
  • janiecrake
    janiecrake Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Huge changes, well done on all your hard work!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, you aren't just a mommy. You are ONE HOT MAMA!!! You go girl!
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! :smile:
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Way to go....best wishes on your continuing journey. :drinker:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats C!!! I know you worked your tail off, and you are inspiring! Amazing what you can (and did) do!
  • saldelmar
    Options
    After having two beautiful, amazing kids, I came to the point where I just wanted my body back. Yesterday, when my youngest turned 18 months (happy half-a-birthday, my love!), I weighed in at a healthy BMI for the first time in 4+ years!!! In mid-December 2012, I was close to the obese category. I began the journey to get healthy (and for me, it really has been a journey with a destination in mind, though I know some people don't agree with calling it a "journey" because that implies you're done at some point. I think of journeys as ongoing, so this metaphor works for me. :-) )

IMG_7100.jpg

IMG_7675.jpg

Whoops! My BMI is now 24.9... :-)
  • saldelmar
    Options
    You are motivation for me to shed my pregnancy weight! I can relate to wanting your body back and would love to get advice on how you did it.

Thanks! I basically just counted calories using MFP and then logged in my exercise. I try to do at least 4 days per week for 30 min (or more, if I can squeeze it in). As a full-time working mom, it's not easy to find the time, but I've managed to be consistent with it. I recognize that I am a huge snacker, so lots of my calories come from grazing throughout the day on healthy snacks. I also have a HUGE sweet tooth, so I try to pick "treats" that feel decadent but aren't high calorie (e.g., 60-calorie fat-free chocolate pudding, chocolate rice cakes, chocolate Cheerios -- yes, chocolate is usually involved, LOL!)

You can do it! (And seriously, carrying a baby is such a physically difficult challenge that we should all have the utmost confidence in ourselves, AND we should cut ourselves lots of slack to realize that our bodies have already done an amazing thing.)
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look amazing!!!!!!!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Beautifully done! <3
  • bea_ong
    bea_ong Posts: 2
    Options
    niiice!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    After having two beautiful, amazing kids, I came to the point where I just wanted my body back. Yesterday, when my youngest turned 18 months (happy half-a-birthday, my love!), I weighed in at a healthy BMI for the first time in 4+ years!!! In mid-December 2012, I was close to the obese category. I began the journey to get healthy (and for me, it really has been a journey with a destination in mind, though I know some people don't agree with calling it a "journey" because that implies you're done at some point. I think of journies as ongoing, so this metaphor works for me. :-) )

IMG_7100.jpg

IMG_7675.jpg

very awesome! great work mama! ;)
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Woah! Sooo I totally need a lil message on how you did that!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You have made such a transformation in a short time frame!!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options

You can do it! (And seriously, carrying a baby is such a physically difficult challenge that we should all have the utmost confidence in ourselves, AND we should cut ourselves lots of slack to realize that our bodies have already done an amazing thing.)

Yep... you rock! You are right, of course, and it's so incredi-cool that you all put it out there for us all to take in. You rock, you rock, you rock :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look great and I know you feel great! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!