Help need snack ideas! I'm about to eat oreos!

Options

Replies

• domsgram2005
    domsgram2005 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream sandwiches or a rice krispie sguare..this is my treat everynight
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the oreos! The are mostly sugar which is a carb, which goes straight to your stomach. Yogurt is good, but also apples with peanut butter, trail mix, hot tea, celery plain (you can eat a ton of it and probably never reach your 400 calories), rice cakes, fresh vegetables and dip them but not in ranch dressing in a flavored vinegar - most have ZERO calories (my favorite is champagne vinegar, but there is also pear and peach). You can look up vegetables on the internet to see how many calories they burn up by just digesting them, alot of them burn up their own calories through digestion alone, and celery is one of them. Or don't each anything and drink a glass of water and go for a walk, or do jumping jacks, but don't give in! I've taken up quilting and sometimes I forget to eat, my daughter has to remind me to eat my snacks, it keeps me busy and not thinking about food. Good luck!

Carbs are not evil. They do not go "straight to your stomach," whatever that means. I can tell you, if I'm craving chocolate, veggies just will not do it. I work my little chocolate treats into my calories and enjoy every one of them.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you have on hand....but if you want clean sweets, consider:

greek yogurt sweetened with stevia

fruit

fruit ice cream smoothie (frozen banana, whey protein, 1 cup milk, sweetener of choice)

skinny cow ice cream sandwiches or 100 calorie weight watchers ice cream bars (I recommend triple divine chocolate)

or spike your oatmeal with cocoa powder and sweetener of choice - BOOM chocolate attack!

Or just have the cookies. Heck, I'd pour down about 200 calories worth of cookies if I really wanted them. Just be careful that the sugar doesn't spike your appetite later in the evening!

I don't see how a couple of Oreos is any more or less "healthy" than a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. I like both of those and don't worry too much about the health benefits of limited amounts of these foods. Besides, chocolate is good for my emotional health.
  • Browneyedbeff
    Browneyedbeff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the pound of strawberries suggestion :)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    spider-in-oreo-enhanced-2_zps69a1a3dc.jpg

EWWW! Ok I'm not eating the oreo's I am going to have celery and PB!

Yay! Good choice!!!
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    While we're on the subject of snacks, I've been trying to switch over from Light Yoplait to Greek Yogurt for a while, but I can't seem to find a reason. Every time I compare the nutritional values between the two, it just seems like Yoplait wins. Less calories, less sugar, more yummy...What brand do ya'll use for the Greek yogurt? And why is it supposed to be better?
  • passionpersian
    passionpersian Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Something really sweet that actually satisfies my sweet tooth are dates (the fruit)! Have you ever had them? They are amazing. Small, dense and sweet. My dad used to make them by filling them with peanut butter or even drizzeling them with honey and cinnamon. Mmmm! :love:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    EAT AN ATKINS OREO BAR. YUMMMMMMMMM
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Eat the oreos if you want them. It doesn't help to deprive yourself of things that you want. Just know when to stop.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    While we're on the subject of snacks, I've been trying to switch over from Light Yoplait to Greek Yogurt for a while, but I can't seem to find a reason. Every time I compare the nutritional values between the two, it just seems like Yoplait wins. Less calories, less sugar, more yummy...What brand do ya'll use for the Greek yogurt? And why is it supposed to be better?

Acidophillus

Greek yogurt contains a type of bacteria known as acidophillus. Unlike other types of bacteria that can actually be quite dangerous when eaten, acidophillus has numerous health benefits including promoting good health in the digestive and reproductive tract. If you are especially interested in getting acidophillus in your diet, be sure to read the label of your Greek yogurt carefully. The best brands will typically state clearly on the label that the product contains live acidophillus, and because of this should be refrigerated immediately.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    I would just eat the Oreos, I had some yesterday. Double Stuff!!!
  • colibaby92
    Options
    maybe goon pinterest and look up paleo or low carb/ fat cookie recipes i know i love comfort food so i put together apples,stevia and cinnamon and microwave it it tastes like apple pie to a t. also if you must have oreos i heard of similar healthy versions called the whonu? cookies look them up maybe those will help!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    make a smoothie :)
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure all live yogurt cultures have acidophilus. "Greek" yogurt isn't special - it's just thick, usually with weird chemical thickeners unless you're eating the full-fat kind. If you like the texture of Yoplait, keep eating it.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    ... mostly sugar which is a carb, which goes straight to your stomach...
    Yes, sugar is one kind of carbohydrate. And yes, most food goes straight to your stomach when you swallow it.
    Just eat the Oreos -- and like with everything... in moderation.
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's organic dark chocolate :)
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    Homemade Pumpkin protein bars! Or have something spicy to kill the craving :P haha
  • dylanjfahey
    Options
    Shredded coconut and dark chocolate. It gives the 'crunchy' and 'sweet' cravings a run for their money.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and hummus?

Make a smoothie from almond milk, strawberries, banana and a 1/2 scoop of protein powder
  • carolynamador
    Options
    I had special k cereal bar - vanilla yesterday and chocolatey drizzle today. I bought the variety pack so I wouldn't get bored with it. 90 calories.