Looking for suppoer from those at 16st+

Options
Hi,

I've been off my diet for a long while and have reached a whopping 16st 2.5lb which I am shocked by, it's only half a stone gain but I feel it so badly, I'm only 24. I am a huge comfort eater, I eat when stressed, upset, happy, I eat till I'm sick just to push myself 'almost like punishing myself' and I'm sick of it and scared I'm going to get bigger and bigger and when I hit 16st (third time in my life) I freak out which is what I'm doing... so I've got all the motivation in the world right now to force forward and lose it, but I want to keep going past 14st and not lose it.

I would like to find people who find losing weight a struggle like me and are similar weight to add me here, even facebook and minimins would be good so we can support each other whenever we need it to keep going.

My failure moments would be evenings and when I'm alone, when I go out with friends (like today). So tomorrow is my official diet start (where I consciously make better decisions). I've only got the Cinema planned tomorrow with a friend and few drinks (I rarely drink alcoholic and don't do well with fizzy so may stick to water and tea.

Please have a chat with me here or add me & we'll get to know each other. :)

Replies

• Bohohippy
    Bohohippy Posts: 56
    Options
    4lb loss for me so far, still looking for those wanting to join me on my journey so we can 'support' each other :)
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hey well beginning of march 2012 i weighted 17st 10 over the last year i have got down to 12st keep thinking should i aim for 9st or 10st for my wedding day which i still havent booked. I have done it by calorie counting and writing everything down on paper for last year this month am trying on here, so far so good, increasing my daily activity got a fitbit in september and training for running and doing my first half marathon in may loss my dad last month so trying to do it for him
  • Bohohippy
    Options
    Heyy, thats amazing :) least I know it'll drop off eventually. I'm 15st 11lb atm so the first bit dropped off quickly, I haven't been on calories everyday tbh, but never going over by more than 100cal as I'm just getting used to it. It's about my second week, we have a meal out Thursday and Friday this week so I need to work out to gain some branch out so even if i go over my body will be able to maintain if not lose. We won't be weighing until the 23rd, we means me and Daniel ;)
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there, at the beginning of May 2012 I was 18st 12lbs, over the next 11 months I lost about 5st but then put a few pounds back due to an injury. I'm getting better so I'm slowly losing again and I'm currently 13st 13lbs. I log everything I eat here on MFP and increased my activity levels. I hated exercise before but I now look for any excuse to move. I got a heart rate monitor which I love and it's been very helpful. If I could do it, you most definitely can do it too!
  • LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    In January this year I was 17 stone, I'm now 15 10 and still going. I know how you feel about wanting to keep going past 14 stone, it feels like such a lot to lose with a lot more work to do. I sent you a friend request. You can do it!
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Currently sporting an 18st 7lb body, and not enjoying it. Joined here only a week and a half ago, and the app is making dieting so so SO much easier. I've found myself not craving as much but I instantly think about having to input it onto my food diary.
  • bezo321
    bezo321 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi i am mom of 2 and currently at a bmi of 31. I really need support as studying at the sametime. My goal is for 45 min of cardio+ 1200-1400 calorie meal plan.if we can report to each other everyday it would be great. Wat do u think?
  • Bohohippy
    Options
    Well I'm feeling better today, yesterday my body was as heavy as lead and I felt so drained... I have an infection and the last time I had it, it had the same 1 day body flu type symptoms so I'm glad it's over, I'm going to be starting exercising today, I did tech start yesterday but only did 10 minutes before colapising in a heap.