Need Motivation!!!!

Options
need some more motivating friends!!!!!!

Yesterday i was doing so good in keeping in my calorie count until.....last night.... :( snacked on some candy....couple pieces of chocolate. Any suggestions on what i can do in the evening to keep my mind off snacking????

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Find a hobby. Drink some water or coffee. Do some home workouts. Read something. Go for a walk. Get an early night. Snack on healthier foods.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Plan an evening snack into your dieting, and make good choices. Raw veggies or raw almonds make good choices, but with the nuts, be sure to count an exact portion.:wink:
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    drink tea! they make like a million different flavors :)
  • reidjohanna
    Options
    I have the same problem, its like theres a gremlin in my brain that tries to sabbotage my good days. when I have sucessfully not snacked its becuase I have told myself, you can have a treat, but first we will make a start on some writing, or lets do some kettle bells first and snack after, or I have even gone and run a nice bath folled by a manicure or pedicure or both etc, If I tell myself not... you cant have it, I will eat twice as much on principal, so distracting myself momentarily works better becuase I sometimes forget about it, or it gets too late and I can justify waiting until morning.

I try to remember that I deserve a healthy slim body, and that by over eating or eating the wrong foods I am sentencing myself to more time imprissoned in this unhealthy body. I am a good person and I deserve to be free :) and so do you, good luck.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    grab a frozen fruit bar, many varieties, most are under 100, I found 80 cals, or make your own with fruit puree. I have the same problem with chocolate. I also keep seedless grapes on the counter, about 30 = 100 cals, good luck!
  • krissydawn16
    krissydawn16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth after dinner and stay busy until bedtime. Go for a walk or read a book. The minty fresh feeling in your mouth from brushing your teeth will discourage you from snacking on candy...and staying busy will stop you from eating just because you're bored.

We don't keep candy in the house for that exact reason. If it's there, we eat it... so why buy it?
  • mauibeachbabe
    Options
    Snack on veggies or an apple. Crunchy snacks always takes the edge for me, also drink a large glass of water with your snack. Good luck :)
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I struggle with evening snacking too....I've been trying to brush my teeth right after dinner and drink ice cold water to curb the cravings. Maybe go for a walk to try and get your mind off it or at least avoid the kitchen:)
  • jonathanharwood
    jonathanharwood Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't have candy and snack items that I used to snack on or I WILL eat them. I just don't have them available during that "snack time" part of the evening. And after 25 days of going without those bad snacks to be honest the urge has left me. The other thing I tend to do if I'm in the mood for a snack is go do a workout. Crunches/pushups, go for a walk, something like that to keep my mind off of it. Usually it work but if i'm still hungry for a snack then i've just "purchased" those calories from working out!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Find a hobby. Drink some water or coffee. Do some home workouts. Read something. Go for a walk. Get an early night. Snack on healthier foods.

^^ This. A good cup of Green Tea and some Yoga always helps me! I also keep healthy ready made snacks available in my fridge and pantry. Like portioned out Trail Mix, Granola, Cut veggies to pair with Hummus. Cut Fruit to pair with Yogurt. Apple slices with peanute butter, Sorbet, etc. If my sweet tooth kicks in, a square are dark chocolate always fixes me right up!
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I used to do great all day, then coming home from work, I would lose control. I agree with what's been said...keep busy, sip some hot tea for the evening instead of grabbing a snack.
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I know i usually get a sweet tooth at night for some reason, so I leave me a a few extra calories for that. I found what help me is frozen yogart (by weight watchers, very good 100 calories) and I add granola to it. And its very filling.
  • amandaelizabeth81
    amandaelizabeth81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I heard this a long time ago and have found it to be true: CLOSE THE KITCHEN AFTER DINNER.
    Once you're done in the kitchen, turn off the lights. You don't feel the 'need' to go into a dark room so if the lights are off, you're less likely to wander in there looking for a snack.
    Good luck! :smile: