just fruits and vegies

Options
hiiiiiiiiii all... :glasses:

okie... question issssss

if i complete my 1220 cal goal by eating fruits and vegies on alternate days..... will that be an ok idea...no exercise.......... toooo lazy :yawn:

do reply pkz plz plz

Replies

• CuteDove
    CuteDove Posts: 49
    Options
    hiiiiiiiiii all... :glasses:

okie... question issssss

if i complete my 1220 cal goal by eating fruits and vegies on alternate days..... will that be an ok idea...no exercise.......... toooo lazy :yawn:

do reply pkz plz plz
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I know when I was a fruit/veg only person, I never worried about calories and fat, They were all natural foods and I felt great and lost a ton of weight.

I would fill up on fruit nad veggies every where I went.

Then I added fish to my life nad still lost weight.

I need the will power to do that again.....
  • CuteDove
    Options
    I know when I was a fruit/veg only person, I never worried about calories and fat, They were all natural foods and I felt great and lost a ton of weight.

I would fill up on fruit nad veggies every where I went.

Then I added fish to my life nad still lost weight.

I need the will power to do that again.....

how much was the TON haaaaannnnnn :smokin:
  • CuteDove
    Options
    good idea then.... all carbs all fat will be ok yeahhhhh

i can eat as much fruits as i want or not... and what about mango and banana
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    Going on an all fruit and vegetable diet would be good way to fill up on those healthy antioxidants! Stick to those with fiber so that you can feel fuller without consuming more calories!

Let us know how it goes! Good Luck.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Cutting out entire food groups long term is not healthy.

If you're trying veganism, you should add in nuts for protein and healthy fats, at the very least. Also, it's best to concentrate on vegetables over fruits, as many fruits contain a lot of sugar, and even though that's sugar mixed with fibre, it's still sugar.

In the long run, a sensibly balanced diet is far better for you.
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    Cutting out entire food groups long term is not healthy.

If you're trying veganism, you should add in nuts for protein and healthy fats, at the very least. Also, it's best to concentrate on vegetables over fruits, as many fruits contain a lot of sugar, and even though that's sugar mixed with fibre, it's still sugar.

In the long run, a sensibly balanced diet is far better for you.

agree
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    You need protein in order for your body to function properly......fruits and veggies alone won't provide you with the nutrition you need, unless you add legumes (baked beans, kidney beans, garbanzos, etc), peanut butter, soy. The protein will also help stabilize your blood sugar and keep you from feeling hungry too soon.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    While fruits and veggies have a TON of good things in them, they do not supply your body with a significant source of many things such as fats (which belive it or not are REQUIRED for your body to function), calcium, and protein among others. You need to eat a balanced diet of fruits and veggies, whole grains (such as brown rice, whole wheat breats, pastas, oatmeal etc.), meats and alternatives (eggs, nuts, poultry, beef, fish, pork etc) and dairy and alternatives (milks, yogurt, cheese, soy alternatives etc.).

Now, the excercise issue. If you are here to get healthy and not just to lose pounds, excercise is a MUST. Your body cannot be healthy without daily physical activity of some sort. This will also make weight loss easier. Your heart and lungs NEED excercise. You muscles will be toned, you will be more able to relax. excercise is a must.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Also, eating nothing but fruits and veggies will deprive your body of most of the B vitamin group - the vitamins your body needs to make your metabolism go vroom vroom. Especially important is vitamin b12, which you can only get from animal based sources or supplements.

Its a far better idea to come up with a balanced meal plan that works for you and has variety. Eating nothing but fruits and veggies will likely get boring very quickly, and when you stop, everything you will have lost will likely come back with a vengeance.