Don't be fooled

Options
I had lunch today at Zaxby's and ordered the grilled chicken caesar salad. I used one package of the casear dressing that it came with. I looked it up on my phone afterwards - 714 CALORIES!!!!!! That two meals worth of calories!!! Just g oes to show that fast food - even if it is salad -is not a good choice.

Replies

• XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah... Happens alot! It's so hard to guess with fast food because there are so many hidden calories!
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    Mh yeah, most dressings are really bad (at any restaurant), especially caesar dressing. I have learned that a while ago. Now I eat salads without dressings if i go out to eat.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ouch.

I've found that Caesar salad's are almost never good for you because there are so many calories and fat in the dressing. Too bad cause I love Caesar salads.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Ceasar dressing is very very high in cals...
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Salads are the biggest "healthy food" scam in America - the next on the list is wraps! Look out for the tons and tons and tons of extra calories they stick in a big bowl of veggies!!!!

I actually carry a little bottle of avacado oil in my bag everywhere i go so I don't ever have to add some crappy salad dressing to an otherwise healthy meal.
  • SemiSweetRae
    Options
    I know...it's absolutely ridiculous! I picked up a sliced chicken salad at the store almost every day. I just happened to stop and read the label, 18g of fat and 500 calories (without dressing)...it was so insane! I checked the regular salad and it had 8g of fat and 130cal. It's sad when even salad isn't healthy!
  • sec820
    sec820 Posts: 40
    Options
    From now on, I'll either skip it or plan ahead and bring my own dressing!!
  • lisa5of5
    lisa5of5 Posts: 3
    Options
    What is avacado oil and where can I get it?
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday! I didn't think a taco would be so many calories! So yeah I had a 1,300 calorie lunch.....eek!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have to eat on the road when driving to work, and I always research my meal choice before I order. Saves on those costly calorie mistakes!
  • S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    Tacos don't have to be bad. Just leave off cheese and sour cream and it will be ok.
  • mab0669
    mab0669 Posts: 29
    Options
    I eat a lot of salads, I just go easy on cheese, I don't usually have croutons and I use either low fat or fat free dressing (and I don't use a lot) and i usually use a vinaigrette dressing, it has a lot of flavor so you don't need to use too much...all the vegies in salad don't add up to a lot of calories, but I don't use iceburg lettuce, it has almost no nutritional value at all, I go for red or green leaf lettuce. Most restaurants have fat free dressing, you just have to ask.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I never eat dressing on my salads. I love them without them, so as long as I look up calories beforehand I can usually get away with fastfood salads since I don't use the dressing.