HOT YOGA!

Options
If you haven't tried it I suggest you give it a shot! Very rejuvenating! :) HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Replies

• Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    I've tried it and I loved it!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Done it a couple of times and really, really liked it. I felt very zen at the end, and was able to get deeper into my poses. Great addition to the routine!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga is great, but I don't recommend it unless you are already in decent shape (strong heart!) and you don't have any history of fainting. I went twice before I was working out regularly and when I was heavier and it was horrible. I was seeing stars the whole time. I am willing to give it another shot now that my heart is healthier but I still worry about fainting. I've fainted twice in my life and neither time was during a workout.
  • melmargirly
    melmargirly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Done it a couple of times and really, really liked it. I felt very zen at the end, and was able to get deeper into my poses. Great addition to the routine!

That's what I love about hot yoga... the heat helps you stretch your muscles to dig deeper into your poses... :D
  • SPARTA1013
    SPARTA1013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been having a hard time finding fellow yoga enthusiasts, anyone up for being MFP buds? Most of the people I bring yoga up to think I'm crazy. I get a lot of "yoga isn't a workout, it's only stretching"..... UGH
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I've been having a hard time finding fellow yoga enthusiasts, anyone up for being MFP buds? Most of the people I bring yoga up to think I'm crazy. I get a lot of "yoga isn't a workout, it's only stretching"..... UGH

I have a biggest loser yoga dvd that I do at home. Anyone who says that should try doing that...
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love it. I started going in June last year. It's amazing the difference the heat makes to my flexibility
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    How hot is the hot part of yoga?? degree wise..
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it - i feel so clean after, and it's sort of a spiritual exercise also. I feel better about my body, my achievements, and I'm more gentle to the world afterward:)

My neighborhood is getting a new hot yoga studio, can't wait!
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options

I have a biggest loser yoga dvd that I do at home. Anyone who says that should try doing that...

Agreed. I do the p90x yoga and its pretty killer, get made fun of by my power lifting friend...... but at least I can scratch my back when it itches :)
  • edauzat2
    edauzat2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If I want hot yoga, I'd do yoga in the middle of summer in south Louisiana! almost as hot and even more humid! LOL

Just kidding, I feel faint if I stay too long in the shower!
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I've never tried this. Is this done in a sauna or something?
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Do guys do this?
  • edauzat2
    edauzat2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I have the DVD too. I really like it! He certainly doesn't take yoga lightly!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love and live for my regular flow yoga class, but I'd really love to try a hot class too. I just need to find one at the right time for my schedule. I agree that it may not be great for someone just beginning to work out. When I first started working out many moons ago, even regular yoga left me sweating and worn out.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have been doing yoga for years, but I never have been able to increase my flexibility to the degree that I have since I started doing hot yoga. I feel like it has done wonders for my muscles!
  • melmargirly
    Options
    How hot is the hot part of yoga?? degree wise..

The one I've been going to gets to be about 103 Degrees :)
  • melmargirly
    Options
    Do guys do this?

Of course!!!! ;) there are at least 5 guys in every class I go to.. young and old!
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've never tried this. Is this done in a sauna or something?

No, but it feels like it! They heat up the room with small humidifier-looking things. Not quite as hot as a sauna, but it really gets you sweating. I loooove it...
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    I have done hot yoga a couple times years before I really got into a regular yoga practice. I'd love to try again now that I am actually a novice yogini! Hm maybe when the semester ends...