A favor.

Options
TheFinalThird
TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
When I took the big risk of opening my own law office in the early-to-mid 1990's, I hired a part time legal assistant, who turned into a full time legal assistant, who turned into a full time friend over the past two decades. We've known each other through raising our respective children, health scares, the death of loved ones, etc. She is one of the most wonderful friends a person could ever ask for. Today is her 50th birthday. She only has 5 friends on MFP, counting me and my wife. She made a post on her wall about turning 50 but feeling 70 a few minutes ago. So I thought to myself, "TFT, how cool would it be if the good citizens of MFP filled her mailbox with mail or put a birthday greeting on her wall wishing her a happy 70th birthday?" I decided it would be very cool. And I happen to have a PhD in coolness. Plus, I am stuck in permanent adolescence.

So if you are at work and bored today, or at home and bored today, or sitting near a laptop computer with your hand stuck in the delivery chute of a vending machine and bored today, help put some fun in a special person's special day. Send lgkinc2 a piece of mail or a wall post that says, "Happy 70th Birthday!!!". I mean, if the poor lady is going to FEEL 70, the least we can do is acknowledge it, right? ;-)

Thank you for helping to brighten her day.

Scott R. in Houston, Tx.

Replies

• SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Done!

Now, if she gets pissed off, I advised her to take it out on you... :bigsmile:

Happy Birthday to her!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Bwahahaha! Gonna do it now.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    done! And I agree, if she's pissed off I also told her to go to The Final Thread :-):laugh:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Done
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Done :)
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Done :)
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    done. very sweet of you.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Sent!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    D-U-N....done
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    yea thats pretty awesome I am gonna get in on it
  • kasiek8209
    kasiek8209 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Done!
  • lgkinc2
    lgkinc2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To all my new friends, thank you for the birthday wishes! It is seldom that I am rendered speechless, but today was one of those days. Imagine my surprise when I logged in to my email and had dozens of new messages from people I don't know. The kindness overwhelmed me, and I had no idea what to say. When I posted my first message about feeling 70 instead of 50, I really was not sure that anyone could see that. It was more to record my thoughts about the day. Then more and more messages came through and friend requests. I started to smile and then laugh. My gloomy mood lightened, and the day turned out great. As for my dear, dear friend TFT a/k/a Scott, I have said it before and will say it again, you are genuinely a nice person with a big heart. I value our friendship. Thanks for making 50 feel like 35 instead of 70.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    To all my new friends, thank you for the birthday wishes! It is seldom that I am rendered speechless, but today was one of those days. Imagine my surprise when I logged in to my email and had dozens of new messages from people I don't know. The kindness overwhelmed me, and I had no idea what to say. When I posted my first message about feeling 70 instead of 50, I really was not sure that anyone could see that. It was more to record my thoughts about the day. Then more and more messages came through and friend requests. I started to smile and then laugh. My gloomy mood lightened, and the day turned out great. As for my dear, dear friend TFT a/k/a Scott, I have said it before and will say it again, you are genuinely a nice person with a big heart. I value our friendship. Thanks for making 50 feel like 35 instead of 70.

• TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    B-Day greeting sent. Have a great one!!