trouble balancing cal, fats and carbs...

Options
tatorbug
tatorbug Posts: 26 Member
I am having trouble balancing the required calories, carbs, fats, sugars and proteins. For example: Today I have 150 calories, 3 carbs, 17 fats, over on my proteins and sugars. What could I possibly eat to finish the day but keep everything in balance. I am eating protein at every meal, 3-4 oz. at least 2-3 servings of veg, sometimes more, 1-2 whole grains a day, 3-4 fruits a day and sometimes some dairy. Love yogurt but most have too much sugar. Don't care for artificial sweetners at all. Any examples of what a perfect day would look like, or some references I could use to figure this out, would be greatly appreciated.

Tatorbug

Replies

• liztaegel
    liztaegel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have this problem sometimes too and I could go CRAZY trying to balance it perfectly. It helps me to be a little bit more organic than totally exact and precise when it comes to nutritional balance. Some days I'm way over on carbs, some days way over on proteins. We're not trying to balance a tower of crystal china. It may be uneven, but keep your diet healthy and fairly varied, it'll all balance itself out.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    the only way I stay sane is to look at it over time. If I am over on fat one day I will go over on something else the next day. It all balances out in the end. these numbers are goals and guidelines, not absolutes. Good luck and just do the best you can.
  • tatorbug
    tatorbug Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that is a good approach! I hadn't really thought of it that way. I appreciate your outlook : )
  • mcclungjess
    mcclungjess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the no smoking ticker??? I want one! Less than 2 weeks for me but that should count for something!