Loose clothing happy moment- Welcome to share yours

Options
I know this may sound dumb but I just wanted to share my happy moment I had last night. I put on the workout shirt that I wore the first week I started turbofire(that day it was almost too short on me and almost tight). However, last night when I put it on and it was baggy and halfway down my butt. It was huge. I didnt not think there would be a big difference in my clothes since ive only lost 12 pounds. It made me feel good and gave me a reason to keep pushing.

Replies

• hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I can TOTALLY relate! Today I am wearing dress capris and a sweater that I haven't been able to wear in the last few years because they wouldn't fit. Now the pants are so baggy I have them cinched with a belt!
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nice! I love your user name btw! :laugh:
  • Chrisgriff32
    Chrisgriff32 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was at the store last week looking at some capris to work out in. I automatically grabbed a Large out of habit, bought them, got home, and could not keep them up. They were huge!!! What... NO WAY??? I have to return them for a medium. This was a huge NSV for me. I haven't been able to buy anything but L and XL for the past couple of years. I caught myself doing this the other day too. This time I was looking at work out tops and I went for the L, but had to stop myself. I don't wear a L/XL anymore. Grabbed the medium, tried it on and it fit great. :)
  • toniju
    toniju Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go girls -- I put on a pair of my "old" jeans this morning and didn't even have to do squats or lunges to stretch them out...LOL!! :) It put me in the best mood today!
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I felt the same way this weekend when I put on an older pair of skinny jeans and had to change because they were so baggy I could take them off and on without undoing the button! :drinker:
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling and it's great! Fitting into some old pants that I couldn't get past the knees was awesome
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Nice! I love your user name btw! :laugh:

hahaha thanks! Its a nickname lol Ive always had a booty even when I weighed 107.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!! Im so glad to here people can relate and are having success!
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great?! My problem is even more pronounced because I've lost 60 pounds (started before I found MFP), and nothing fits. Yes, pants come off without unbuttoning, but also won't stay up (LOL). Since I'm not finished, I'm slowly replacing wardrobe. I was at that higher weight for many years so nearly all of my clothes are larger - 1x or 2x. Now I'm an XL or L depending. Since I'm not vain I'll continue to wear baggy pants when they have no structure. Now have a few new tops that don't look too bad.

Keep up the good work. And rememer that if you're not finished, don't go out and buy the store. LOL
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I tried on some shorts that I haven't worn in almost a year and they fit perfectly! Not only does this feel great but means I don't have to spend money and buy new shorts as the old ones fit!

Yesterday I also manged to jog (slowly) for 30 minutes straight! Something I never thought I would be able to do!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    that's a really awesome NSV (non scale victory!).

I had one recently where my swimsuit bottoms kept creeping up on me when I was swimming so I went to "adjust" them out of my rear end, and there was a gap about 1/2 an inch from my skin to the swimsuit. So it's actually too big! I've had this same suit for over 10 years and it's been VERY tight at time or fit but it's never, ever been too big. I smiled for the remainder of my laps!
  • CookieMonster_214
    Options
    I have a shirt I got 3 years ago and back then, it fit perfectly. Over the years, it began to get tighter and smaller but I thought it was due to wearing it every week and washing/drying it every week. Then last Friday, I put it on after a year and it fits just like it did when I first received it! It was literally one of the best feelings in the world! Not only that, but my favorite pair of jeans no longer rolls down in the front when I sit down (:
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am starting to notice my shirts being a bit loose, which I keep denying is happening, but I know it is. lol
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing a 11/12 jeans for a while now, and went shopping and grabbed more 11/12s and they were huge! Couldn't find a size 10, so I 'for the heck of it' tried a size 9....and......they fit! I bought them and walked out of the store with a HUGE smile on my face! Def a BIG NSV for me! And some medium shirts are now too big! Woot!
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    Luckily, I talked myself into keeping a few of my old favorites in a bag in the closet. Out of curiosity, I grabbed a pair of gray slacks out of the bag this morning and surprised myself when I was able to zip them. They are a smaller size than what I was currently wearing and I am glad I didn't have to run out and buy anything new (that fun will come after goal is reached).
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I went through my closet and drawers and a bunch of stuff is on my desk to give away. I have a lot of wearable shorts, but not much by the way of pants--I'm thought I had more in this size but I'm either missing a box of clothes or I gave them away.

I can wear oversized tops for a while, but I'm going to mail order some jeans so I have something to wear that fits! (Recovering from toe surgery so shopping is out!)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound dumb but I just wanted to share my happy moment I had last night. I put on the workout shirt that I wore the first week I started turbofire(that day it was almost too short on me and almost tight). However, last night when I put it on and it was baggy and halfway down my butt. It was huge. I didnt not think there would be a big difference in my clothes since ive only lost 12 pounds. It made me feel good and gave me a reason to keep pushing.

:smile: The "fat pants" that I bought myself before I found MFP and began to believe in myself are completely unwearable now. It actually took a staff member at my gym about 12 lbs ago to tell me that I *really* needed to buy new pants. :blushing:

The pair I'm wearing right now I will be very glad to swap out when they are legitimately too big . . . because right now they fit perfectly in the morning and look gross and saggy by night-time. I will be more conscious of fit with the next pair and get a pair without *too* much stretch! I have a nice bum now that's getting nicer every day. Life's too short for saggy jeans!
  • jackieleannebowman
    jackieleannebowman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Went to put on a pair of dress pants that I was too afraid to try on over the winter (As I knew they would be tight and uncomfortable) thinking they may fit now, or even be a little big, but I could get away with putting a belt on them.... nope!!! They literally fell right off me! So I tried on the rest of my dress pants with the same result! I cried I was so happy... these are better than the scale victories - and give me so much more confidence and drive to reach my goal.

Thanks for the stories, these have been instrumental in my weight loss - knowing you are not alone, and that it can be done!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've been in a size 12 pants since having my first son. I had to go shopping for new clothes a month or so ago bc they were all too big and now the 9's and 10's I bought a month ago are baggy :)
  • MCLARK0203
    MCLARK0203 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know exaclty how you feel!! I am happy to say I am now in single digits in my pants size!! I moved to GA in Oct of 2011 and was a size 16 and have been working hard. Ofcourse I have had my moments where I stopped my fitness plan. I am now back on track and need to lose about 15 more lbs to get the final look I am looking for!

Congrats to all of you keep up the hard work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!