New to this and need some help please

Options
Hi there.

I'm a 45 year old single mother of two darling little boys. I'm terrified I won't live to see them grow up. I'm wasting my life eating it away. I'm a food addict and just don't quite know how to get off the vicious over eating cycle. I'm not sure how this site all works yet, but I'm willing to give it a go.

I would love it if some people could offer friendship and support. It's easier than talking to my close family and friends, none of whom understand food addiction.

Cheers, Angel

Replies

• Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am a 42 year old mother of 1 and would love to add some more friends also......I think we can all motivate each other...When I start a new workout I am always intimidated a bit, and it is challenging for me to put it out there at times that I need help. You will do fine, just be honest with yourself and have a good WHY reason which it sounds like you do!
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi Angel! Well the important part is you've taken the first step. If you've made the commitment you will find a good community of support here! Feel free to add me if you need some support!

And that offer is extended to you, Ampingitup!
  • angelthine
    Options
    Thank you Ampingitup and Scottyg70

Scotty, how do I add friends?
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you click on the person's name, it takes you to their profile and there should be a "Send Message" and an "Add as Friend" button!
  • chelseasmom03
    Options
    Hi Angel. I am also a single mother but I have a beautiful little girl. I also want to be around to see her and her children. Like they've said, who couldn't use more friends. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • ittibits
    ittibits Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Angel, welcome to MVP! Feel free to add me as well! We can all use new friends and support from each other.
  • angelthine
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll just keep finding your profiles and sending friend requests. I'm feeling rather positive now - hope it lasts :smile: