Am I normal...

Options
I am doimg the c25k run and im on week 3 and actually doing okay with it getting better and better howevee im worried about my heart rate due to my maximum beimg 200 nut whilst im out jogging it goes upto 195ish but I dont feel out of breath I dont no whether I should ignore my heart rate and go for it or what?? Any help would be great :D

Replies

• Zaria_Athena
    Zaria_Athena Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Slow down.

Speed will come with time.

You shouldn't be sprinting or getting out of breath.

You should be comfortable and not totally exhausted by the end of your run interval.

Slow down.
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thats the thing though I dont feel tired or even worked up a sweat durimg the run yet my heart rate goes upto 195ish I dont understand??
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Do you have a medical reason that you have to monitor your heart rate?
  • dayr1993
    Options
    No its so I can , monitor kcal burnt lol
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    The higher your heart rate goes the less accurate a heart rate monitor would be... sad I know.
    I wouldnt worry about it too much, but on the other hand, maybe you should try to find the speed/effort at
    which your monitor doesnt climb past 70-75%.
    start walk, and go up in slight speed increments from your slowest jog, and find your pace.

If it seems 'too easy' great!. You will find that you'll transition to faster speeds before very long.
  • dayr1993
    Options
    Okay ill try that just wanna push myself though that's all but least I no it could be the hrm and im not goimg to have a heaet attack LOL
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the number and go by how you feel. I've never monitored my heart rate.