Down 4 lbs in 1 week!

Options
Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
Getting back into the swing of things and trying to lose again, not maintain as I have been for about a year. I am at a healthy weight but want to get down to the lower end of my BMI and tone and tighten up for summer. I've been going at it for 1 week and so far already lost 4 lbs! :love:

My plan has been eating really clean, no sugars except for those found naturally in fruit and honey. Cutting out processed sugars has been the biggest difference I think! I was addicted to sugar. I've been only having fruits up until lunch and not very many carbs after lunch either, eating lean protein for dinner.

Replies

• healthy_jessx3
    healthy_jessx3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Have you been exercising at all?? Ive lost 10 pounds and i started on January 1st. Its been a slow process. My goal is to lose 15-20 more by the time August comes around.
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    4lbs in a week! that's amazing! great job!
  • cassy30
    cassy30 Posts: 18
    Options
    I would love to loose 4lbs in a week! I only drink water as of April 1st and has eaten some sort of veggie everyday!! I do have to say, I do still eat some sweets! I have to do baby steps! But wow on u loosing 4lbs in a week:happy:
  • ladyshands
    Options
    thats amazing! sugar one of my issues too
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have just been getting back on here and I loss 4 pounds this week also. I have been watching my intake more closely and getting at least 30 mins of cardio in a day. This week I am doing 40+ mins of cardio and still watching my intake and of course drinking Rivers of H20. Feeling more diligent with the results I saw last week. Also today incorporated more arm work and some floor ab work. I need to lose about 40 pounds but I will take 20-25 to start by August. Trying to stay at least at 2 pounds per week.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nice job to all of you above ^^...

* look into a book called FAT TO SKINNY
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.4lbs this past week as well! For me I am shocked that I was able to do it. Unforatunately I was eating out lunch more than I have been. However, I pre-planned everything and it seems to have worked! I do the couch325K program 3x a week and I walk on the treadmill for a minimum of 30mins the rest of the week. Now to keep the momentum up.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Thats awesome! Have you been exercising at all?? Ive lost 10 pounds and i started on January 1st. Its been a slow process. My goal is to lose 15-20 more by the time August comes around.

Yes, I exercise regularly but the only thing I changed this week was my diet! Shows you that diet is just SOOO important!
  • SHERRYCAN
    SHERRYCAN Posts: 13
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I have changed my diet this week jus fruits and veggies for breakfast nd lunch and a sensible dinner! I want a a 4lb week too! Letttttttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssss Gooooooooooooooooo!
  • cassy30
    Options
    Congrats to all the 4lbs loss group, it's my turn then!! :bigsmile:
  • cassy30
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I have changed my diet this week jus fruits and veggies for breakfast nd lunch and a sensible dinner! I want a a 4lb week too! Letttttttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssss Gooooooooooooooooo!
    Let's go then!! I feel ur energy!!!:bigsmile:
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Another thing I really changed this week is the amount of home cooked meals I've had... Haven't eaten out any. Prepared all my own meals, trying as much as possible to cook in advance (the night before) for lunch the next day. Really has helped a lot I think!
  • running_chic82
    Options
    Great job! I would love to hit 4 lbs in a week. Hopefully soon!
  • cookiee1972
    Options
    Good Job!!!
  • harric88
    harric88 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo!! Good work :)
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Remember folks that 4lbs of actual fat loss would mean a calorie deficit of 14,000 calories, or 2,000 calories a day for a week. As that isn't really possible, some to most of that weight loss is water weight. Especially when switching to clean, low sodium foods compared to eating out.

After a week or two of big losses, expect it to slow dramatically. Be prepared and carry your momentum...don't let it stop you!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm dropping about 1 lb every other day! It's awesome and encouraging... i haven't even really started exercising yet! I'm nursing a baby, so that helps burn extra calories, but i'm also eating clean healthy food and moving a lot more than i did before.

wtg everyone!
  • carrun86
    carrun86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Remember folks that 4lbs of actual fat loss would mean a calorie deficit of 14,000 calories, or 2,000 calories a day for a week. As that isn't really possible, some to most of that weight loss is water weight. Especially when switching to clean, low sodium foods compared to eating out.

After a week or two of big losses, expect it to slow dramatically. Be prepared and carry your momentum...don't let it stop you!

Party pooper :grumble:
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I don't mean to be. Any progress is great progress!

I just wanted to remind people that this kind of loss is very temporary and to not get discouraged when it slows way down. The number of people I see who quit trying once they stop losing 10lbs in a week is amazing. Just be prepared and keep on keepin' on!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I don't mean to be. Any progress is great progress!

I just wanted to remind people that this kind of loss is very temporary and to not get discouraged when it slows way down. The number of people I see who quit trying once they stop losing 10lbs in a week is amazing. Just be prepared and keep on keepin' on!

I definitely know some of mine is water weight. It was water weight I had gained about a week ago. Still nice to see the scale go down!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!