Okay I'm going to post...but its progress...49lbs gone

Options
Makeda1211
Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
Good morning MFP peeps,

I normally don't post but I do feel inspired today. I started this journey Thanksgiving week of 2012 because the SO pissed me off. Let's just say he gave me some serious incentive. I took that incentive and became a beast.

I have always been what they consider to be big girl. Some might say thick. I'm also tall which means I hold more weight than the average chick. I started this journey at 277. I found Zumba and it stuck. After my first class at 24hr fitness, I was there for every evening class they had. That meant four days a week. I took it a step further and would come in an hour beforehand and do an hour of free weights based off of the body for life workout.

Low and behold, the inches started to fall off. And I mean fall off. I followed what MFP said and found out that I was not eating enough at one point. Once I resigned myself to eating more, it really started to come off. After about 3 months, I started doing body pump on the other days that I wasn't doing Zumba. So, yes, that means I am currently in the gym six days a week. I'm in there faithfully. I am currently at 228lbs and still going.

What I found is that there was no gimmicks to try, just hard work. I remember when my mind did the "switch" ( This is what I call it when you have had enough and are finally ready to make change not based on anyone else's thoughts but your own). Once that switch was made, I got bitten by the workout bug. I'm not a trainer but I will say, if you want to change your body eat right and work out, its that simple. It just sucks that I had to weight 38 years to find that out.

I hope that my journey helps someone out there.

I didn't post any pics but my profile pic is a before and after.

Replies

• stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nice post. "Eat right and work out". Who knew.

Keep it up.
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    I know. Its crazy that its so simple. Its not rocket science...;-)
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! You should be very proud and excited.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress. I'm proud of the work you've done so far.
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You are beautiful! Wow!
  • kristy0614
    Options
    This is amazing! I am so proud and happy for you. Keep up the good work!
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You are beautiful! Wow!

Thanks so much. I can't really take credit for it. It's my mommy and God. ( And yes, I still call my mom, Mommy...lol)
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    Fantastic progress. I'm proud of the work you've done so far.

Thanks Jules. I'm glad to have a friend on here that I've actually known outside of here. I see the work you're doing as well. You are inspiring me to look at the squat challenge.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful!
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! You look great!
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful!

Thank you so much. I'm trying to be like you when I grow up!...lol
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great progress!
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing success! I love your attitude, take no prisoners! Keep it up!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That's amazing progress since last November! Fantastic - that's motivated me to get off my bum and out the door for my run.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :smile: and great post!
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    Thank you all. I am going to be honest. I think MFP is probably one of the best apps that was ever invented. Right now, it's indispensable to me. The constant encouragement from other people that are going through the same types of situations is also so helpful and gets you over the hump. I just hope that I can be that for someone else as well.
  • ButterflyeNyarai
    Options
    ...And just so you know, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so proud of you! :bigsmile:
    #keepgoing #whitebikiniherewecome #teamsexay
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the bug I have it
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    ...And just so you know, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so, I'm so proud of you! :bigsmile:
    #keepgoing #whitebikiniherewecome #teamsexay

Awww sis. Coming from you. You just made my day! :wink:
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    I know what you mean about the bug I have it

Just be consistent. The results will come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!