cereal

Options
I'm on a cereal kick right now.. every morning. and I usually stick with cheerios or special k but I need something different.
What are some tasty low cal and healthy cereals ? or just healthier

Replies

• danieljohnc1984
    danieljohnc1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a love of Nature's Path Blueberry Cinnamon Flax and their Red Berry Crunch. Great level of fiber and protein and really tasty.

Shredded Wheat is also, always a great, fiber rich choice to start the morning (I add bananas and berries for sweetness).

And not to sound cliche, but Kashi has some good choices. I prefer their GoLean Cinnamon Crumble, their GoLean Toasted Berry Crumble, and their GoLean Original which is tastier than it looks or sounds. All are super protein packed and have good amounts of fiber.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    forget cereal. go for oats or eggs!!!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    forget cereal. go for oats or eggs!!!

another vote. cheerios and special K aren't filling enough.
    I would have to eat 4 bowls, not really low cal then.
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like all the Fiber One cereals I've tried so far - 80 calorie chocolate and 80 calorie honey squares. The raisin bran clusters are good too, just not as low cal.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I really like Special K Protein Plus - it keeps me full for awhile. But my fav cereal is just rice chex. I could easily eat a whole box! I'm boring lol
  • tnsons
    tnsons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just realised that for the last few days I have been hungry allllllllll day long. So I went back and looked and see that I have not had my usual hard boiled egg first thing in the morning. I have eaten one almost everyday since I started this "lifestyle" change and have done well. Have wanted to knaw my arm off for the last 5 - protein first thing in the morning here I come!!!!!
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    I do Special K Oats and Honey and two hardboiled egg on the side (no yolk) and it works for me. When I did paleo, I was eating 2 scrambled eggs every morning. I could go either way, but the crunchy stuff is satisfying and great with black coffee :drinker:
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like almost any kashi cereal. The cinnamon harvest is my new favorite :smile:
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love Bare Naked Granola ( any flavor) with berries in it and soy milk. Yummy yummy!
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the multi-grain cheerios?
    Yummm
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I can house a whole box of Fiber One 80 Calorie Chocolate Squares in an afternoon. They are sooooo good.
  • LizHR
    LizHR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oatibix, a bit bland on their own but nice with raspberries (or any fruit you like) and good if like me you want to keep wheat intake down. I am used to the taste now but at the beginning sweetened the Oatibix with a bit of Truvia. As I am sure you know, lot of cereals are quite high in sugar & Oatibix can seem a bit lacking in sweetness in comparision.

My favourite higher sugar one is Almond Oats n More but I ration myself how many times per week I have it. And I weigh the portion size of all cereals to keep to 40/50g as it's easy to overdo cereal if you just pur from the ox.
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    Kashi Autumn Wheat used to be my mother ****in FAVORITE .... *sigh* I miss it, it's pretty awesome if you are into whole grains. Lightly sweetened.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've been working on a box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I like th flavor, but the added chicory root/inulin gives me bad bloating and gas..plus the calorie content is a bit higher than I would like for the amount I need to fill me up. I agree with the multi grain cheerios.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    steel cut oatmeal is much more filling than cold cereal, but if you must have cold, go for something with nuts and dried fruit. I used to eat BAsic 4 all the time. Aldi's brand of special K vanilla almond is delicious. Sprinkle some granola on top, and it should fill you up for a while. Use low calorie almond milk (unsweetened) so you can have more cereal calories in your bowl.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean. High Fiber, big serving for like 140 calories I believe, 10g of protein. Such an amazing cereal!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I like Nestle Clusters