healthy fish with what coating??

Options
Hey last week I went to bob Evans and got the potato crusted flounder. It was very good.

I don't know what to coat my flounder with though. It doesn't have to be potato crusted. I have plain corn flake cereal,but could I use that crushed??

I want to put it in a skillet with a nice brown coating. I have 100% olive oil also. I want a thin coating of crust.

I wish I had wheat flour:( and I don't wanna use white flour..

Any recipes/tips for me?

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Corn flakes will definitely work. egg wash the fish first with egg whites so it sticks better and the more you crunch up the ceral the better it will be. I also use this on chicken when I'm wanting fried chicken =)

Also Ive used dried coconut in the cereal to give it some extra flavor ....
  • neglet
    neglet Posts: 20
    Options
    Yep, I have a chicken parmagiana recipe that uses crushed corn flakes instead of bread crumbs. You dip the chicken in flour and salt/pepper, then dip in egg whites, then dip in corn flakes. It's not super crispy, but it does have a nice flavor.

edit to add: my recipe calls for baking, I don't know how it would work with pan saute.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    you can crush almonds/other nuts and coat in that, or coat in cornmeal (plus some spices), or coat with breadcrumbs ( + spices)...all taste good :)
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Wheat germ is always an option. I use wheat germ a lot with fish.