What;s your battle plan?

Options
So how do you lot plan to lose weight, and actually STICK with that plan?

My thing is I make goals, I make plans, but it's the follow that plan that's the issue....

I understand that it's a total life change that one needs to really commit to... I have a load of bad habits that I can't seem to break (though today, we had pizza, and I forced myself to have only ONE slice instead of two ^^; REALLY tempted to go back for a couple cookies though o_o)

I'm currently at 190, 5"5". My goal is to lose at LEAST 40 lbs before the 2nd week of August. By calculations, I would need to lose 3 pounds a week. I know it's an attainable goal, but at the same time, it's impossible because of my eating habits..... My little ladybug on my ticker is crawling BACKWARDS....

I just renewed my gym membership and I've been doing well keeping my money's worth (I love Planet Fitness!) and my goal is to do 45 minutes a day, 4 times a week, and this includes treadmill running, cycle machiines, and elipticals. Whenever I can, I'll also go out for a 30 minute walk during my lunch hour at work.

Is there more I can do? What do you all reccomend, such as calorie cuts? My eating habits are my main problem. Any advice would be great, though don't suggest Weight Watchers.... While I hear they're great, I just can't afford it. :/

Feel free to share what you do as well ^^

Also, I'm not trying to promote diet pills here, but I also take Alli pills to help. Please don't be too hard on me... ^^;

Replies

• ochubbycheekso
    Options
    For me its :-

1. Eat clean, unrefined food
    2. Cut out the diet soda's (sometimes drinking 2 litres a day of diet cola)
    3. 2/3 litres of water a day
    4. Then start slow at the gym just slow/steady cycling for 4 weeks whist i get my lungs and body back in training them in sure the weight will come off
  • ToniChansNewLook
    ToniChansNewLook Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    For me its :-

1. Eat clean, unrefined food
    2. Cut out the diet soda's (sometimes drinking 2 litres a day of diet cola)
    3. 2/3 litres of water a day
    4. Then start slow at the gym just slow/steady cycling for 4 weeks whist i get my lungs and body back in training them in sure the weight will come off

Thank you ^^ I forgot to mention that I've taken a liking to ceaser salads, AND I've cut out the sodas in favor of water and diet ice teas
  • ochubbycheekso
    Options
    thats cool ive just made my first batch of iced tea ready to try later on.

I hope you hit your goals :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    1) eat tons of veggies - they keep full and offer proper nutrients
    2) eat a lot of protein
    3) don't be afraid of fats
    4) include strength training in your workouts. This is a cinch for you because Planet Fitness has a routine for you to do on their machines!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    1. Take a deep breath

2. Reassess your plan. Maybe a goal of 3 lbs a week is driving you to eat too much. It wouldn't be such a bad thing if you lose say a pound or a pound and a half a week or two pounds a week. But, three seems to be tripping your trigger to eat too much. So would you rather be 10 lbs gone in 5 weeks or 5 lbs up in 5 weeks because trying so hard sent you screaming to the kitchen for more food.

3. Diet aids don't teach you a better relationship with food, just sayin.

4. Processed foods tend to have a lot of fat, sugar, and salt in them that keep you addicted, it's called the bliss point and it's hard for anyone to not eat more than they should. So, try for the unadulterated version of those foods for example an orange instead of orange juice, regular old fashioned oats instead of a packet add your own toppings, homemade instead of from a box.

5. Fidget as much as possible. Fidgeters burn on average 300-500 more calories a day. If it's not natural to you then the burn will most likely be much less, but it can't hurt. Do you have a swivel chair, well good news you can move back and forth in that while you watch your favorite shows and burn a couple more hundred calories.

6. Do you have someone to walk with you can make an evening walk part of your routine and it's a way to bond with the people in your life.

7. Little changes overtime can lead to big results, start swapping out your favorite unhealthy snacks for something healthier. For example a milk chocolate bar for a couple of dark chocolate squares. Dark chocolate is actually pretty good for you. I wouldn't eat the whole bar though. But a couple of squares can help you not feel deprived.

Hope this helps.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I find that setting goals are a great thing, but you have to make sure they are attainable. Maybe 3 pounds a week sounds attainable, but is it really?

I take every day one day at a time. I make goals that may seem like i'm undermining myself, but it is less stressful to think about. I also try adding one good thing at a time to try to make habits, like more water, more fruits and veggie per meal, etc. I find that by adding the good stuff and seeing how well my body reacts to it, I tend to want the other stuff less. It's a lot easier than getting rid of the other stuff and trying to adjust.

I agree fruits and veggies help you fill up faster.

Best of luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Goals

1. 100% fat loss.. I don't want to lose muscle. Muscle is tight and lean, so the more you have the quicker you will reach your ideal look and the better your overall health.
    2. Enjoy eating. I eat 20% less than TDEE, so eat 2500 calories a day. There is no reason to starve or feel hungry at any point.
    3. Still eat whatever I want. Understand that fats,carbs, sugar, etc.. do not make you fat, calories do.

Also, 3 lbs a week is really aggressive and will only lead to under eating (leads to quicker plateaus), loose skin and can set you up for failure. Generally with people with only 40 lbs to lose, 1 lb per week is ideal. If you concentrate on 1 lb per week and do weight training, you will probably see greater results.