Awesome Stuffed Peppers

Options
Through trial and error, I have come up with an amazingly filling stuffed pepper that will leave you satisfied and fulfilled.

165 calories and 15 grams of Protein!

I could barely finish one and I was full and satisfied for hours.

TOTAL: Per Serving: 165 calories, 14 carbs,6 fat,15 Protein,54 Sodium,1 Sugar! Makes 8 servings

(Ingredient total cost: $ 13.00 rounded up. Great for those on a budget. $1.62/person)

2 cups prepared brown rice (instant or otherwise)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 large tomato
1/2 cup mushroom (I use baby portabello)
4 large bell peppers of any color (I use green)
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 (F)
Cook rice according to package instructions, set aside. Brown 1 pound lean ground beef, seasoned to taste preference. ( I use salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder).
Drain the ground beef, and mix with the rice in a medium bowl.
Chop tomato and mushrooms and add to the rice and meat mix.
Slightly beat eggs and then mix with the stuffing mixture.
If you like a bold flavor, add more seasoning of your choice at this stage as most of the seasoning will have drained with the grease from the meat.
Cut peppers in half, lengthwise, removing the membranes and seeds, and then fill the halves with the stuffing mixture.

Place on a cookie sheet or any other baking pan and cover with foil loosely to avoid rice drying up. Check peppers at 30 minutes for tenderness of preference and adjust time accordingly.

There were 2 leftover when I made them the other night, and in the morning, I chopped the peppers, mixed with the filling, warmed it up, and then put into wraps. Was pretty great, and I really wanted to share this here. ;)

Replies

• Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    ooooh ! bumpity bump.thanks,sounds awesome.:flowerforyou:
  • believeTD
    Options
    Bump. Delish, definitely want to save for later.
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious !
    Thanks for sharing !
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So is a serving one half of a pepper or two halves of the pepper for 1 whole pepper? Looks really yummy!
  • ukkiosan
    ukkiosan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yum! I have everything but the peppers and I just happened to be on my way out the door to the grocery store - thanks!
  • A serving is one half of the pepper, but even if you go with a full one, the bad numbers are low enough and the good numbers are high enough to not feel even slightly guilty. ;)
  • rawmama232
    rawmama232 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've made this before without eggs. That would get rid of 200 calories. I think that I'll increase the number of vegetables and cut back on the rice also to cut back on calories but still have loads of flavor. That way I can eat a whole pepper, or even 2 guilt free :) WOOHOO! :)

I am going to make this this week, sounds good.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I will make mine with tofu. Otherwise sounds great. Red pepper would work right? I got some for cheaper than green that I have to use up real quick.
  • FrancklySara
    Options
    YUM!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbp_07
    cbp_07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump, sounts amazing!
  • rwall46
    rwall46 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm always looking for new recipes to try. This one looks like a keeper. Thanks!
  • DMC7650
    DMC7650 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds great, will give it a try.
  • KMaier6689
    Options
    Bumping.... I love stuffed peppers!
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    Sounds great!! Can't wait to try it out this weekend.
  • Michellemarg
    Options
    bump
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Recipe looks pretty yummy!
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM:bigsmile:
  • alexcat45
    alexcat45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Going to the grocery store today so I think I'll pick. up stuff to make these! Wonder fi they'd be good with no eggs and add a bit of low salt tomato sauce over the top for juiciness.