Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweating and constantly HOT

I hope some folks on here can help. In the last few weeks I have felt constantly warm, I sweat at any little exertion and my husband says I am "roasting" lying in bed. Now previously I was always cold. We live in the far north of Scotland so being too warm is rarely an issue. I have to admit now that I am just a tiny bit worried.

I finally hit my target of 112 last week and am on maintenance now and I do exercise (trail/mountain run and bike) quite a bit but I truly can't figure out the constant heat my body is radiating when I am at rest!

Any advice or suggestions?

Replies

• TheYoungys
    TheYoungys Posts: 44 Member
    Guess not, lol.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    You have the opposite problem of most people who lose weight. usually those people find themselves always cold. Sounds like you got your metabolic rate revved up and it is working overtime!!
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    A high amount of muscle mass will, a high metabolism, or an over active thyroid could be related to these things. Additionally, high blood pressure could cause you to be hot all the time. But since you exercise regularly and don't seem to have other issues, it sounds like you got a lot of muscle and high metabolism - Congratulations! :)
  • TheYoungys
    I agree that it seems the opposite of others. That is kinda why it is worrying me (just a tad). Hey, I don't mind being warm but just wondered if the being rev'ed up at rest was common. Thanks for replying. :-)
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    If you are worried, have your doctor run a physical on you and check your thyroid, BP, etc. I bet they are all normal, and then you'll feel better and be thankful you live in a cold climate instead of a hot one and have an awesome metabolism.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Could be perimenopause, or even an early menopause sneaking up on you. The doctor can check your hormones and tell you where you are in this process.
  • TheYoungys
    A very good point. I had all those tests back around Christmas when I was unwell (thyroid, kidney tests, etc) so I guess I'll just deal with it. I do agree though, I think I would melt if I lived in a hot climate. Scotland has three/four seasons in a day so I can always just hold on til the winter bit comes around. ;-)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Men are the cause
    Men "O" Pause.

LOL

I'm 44 and I've been going through it for about three years now.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Of course you're hot. It's May and sunny and you Scots aren't used to this sort of thing.

Don't worry winter is just around the corner.
  • TheYoungys
    I had given the perimenopause thing consideration. Guess I was hoping it might be exercise related. lol
  • For what it's worth, I've been feeling similarly for the last few days and I'm nowhere near menopause. I have a Dr. appt soon - gonna run a blood panel.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    As a couple of others said, it sounds very much like peri-menopause.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    You're 41, probably peri-menopause - that would be my absolute first thought on it anyway but of course go to your GP and have your levels checked!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Hormonal fluctuations - it would be my first guess for a woman over 40.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Peri-Menopause?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Of course you're hot. It's May and sunny and you Scots aren't used to this sort of thing.

Don't worry winter is just around the corner.
    OMG, are you from the future? can you give me next week's lottery numbers?
  • TheYoungys
    Well the consensus seems to be that sadly my metabolism is NOT super awesome and that I am just getting old. I feel you are probably right but I may just pretend it is a mixture of both to make myself feel better. Seriously, I do appreciate your input, just wish it was the first answer I got, lol
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Hyperthyroid. Mine went hyper (medicine induced) and this is exactly how i felt.
  • TheYoungys
    Hyperthyroid. Mine went hyper (medicine induced) and this is exactly how i felt.

Hmmm, interesting. May just leave it a few weeks and then stoat round the GPs looking all hot and bothered and see what they say.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    I didn't mean to..but I had to chuckle when I read this. The reason being, Back in 2008 when I hit maintenance after an 82# weight loss. I started having ot flashes again, day and night (even tho at other times I was really cold). I was in my mid-50's, had a hysterectomy in 2001.
    When I had my fall checkup I told my Dr about this and HE chuckled!! I wanted to know what was so funny and he replied "you have no fat! Fat makes estrogen and I didn't have enough estrogen now.
    I looked at your age in your profile and thought that this could be your answer. I was perimenopause (which someone else suggested to you here) at 33. You aren't too young and this could well be the cause of your problem. If you are very lean, with little to no fat, you're estrogen is depleted and probably even more so, like me, because of your stage in life now. It is something to ask your Dr about because he or she can do labs that check your hormone level. If he or she rule that out you can be checked for other causes.