protein powder

Options
Can anyone recommend a protein powder that doesnt leave an after taste? What are your faves? Having a hard time getting my protein in and think thats the best option but never been a fan of the taste...:(

Replies

• Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a good tasting one yet lol. There are the small protein shots about the size of a 5hr energy that aren't too bad. I think they are called protein to go. I have tried two different one, vanilla latte and strawberry banana smoothie. Both were better tasting than any protein drink I have tried. About 28g of protein. I think they are about $2-$3 each though so they aren't cheaper than the powder protein drinks.
  • kmazz84
    kmazz84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i use the lifetime whey protein in the chocolate flavor and mix it with 8oz of milk. i was hesitant because i have tried others in the past and they are gross. this one really taste like chocolate milk and according to my trainer its a good source of protein and not a lot of carbs.

https://shop.lifetimefitness.com/Grass_Fed_Product_Label_Chocolate.pdf
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    I love Betty Lou's Low Glycemic protein powders. http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Lous-Glycemic-Designer-Protein/dp/B0046GXYUC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1366127622&sr=8-5&keywords=betty+lou+protein+powder There are a few flavors and I think they are all tasty and aren't chalky. They mix up really well in a shaker (I just use water.) The Vitamin Shoppe has little one-serving envelopes so I get a variety of flavors (I always get bored halfway through a big tub).
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If you're near a Hy Vee, I recommend the Hy Vee brand Whey & Soy PP.

I use one scoop vanilla with 1/2 c greek yogurt, 1/2 c fruit, and 8oz almond milk. It keeps me full all morning without being bloated or feeling crappy. It is the best tasting vanilla I've tried with no scum that PP can have. I have not tried any other flavor as I'm allergic to both chocolate and strawberry.

Per scoop, here's the breakdown:
    57.5 cal
    0.5g fat
    7.5g cholesterol
    1g carbs
    12.5g protein
  • gravybowl
    Options
    Look up Nitrofusion... its non whey protein powder...choclate isnt overly sweet but its tasty and theres no after taste.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've only just recently purchased some protein powder. I got my protein whey isolate. There are loads of flavours. Its not horrendous and I mix it in my porridge.
  • kevo1420
    kevo1420 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been using the Dymatize Iso 100 in chocolate and it taste great without any after taste. It is one of the cleanest forms of whey protein also with no fat, 1 gram of carbs, and 24 grams of protein.
  • SingleSleever
    Options
    I just bought a Mocha Coffee flavored one from Sam's Club that is way cheaper than "Click" brand and it is very good.....if you like coffee :)
  • ashleegil
    ashleegil Posts: 26
    Options
    I just got Matrix Cookies and Cream it is really good. I mix in in the 60 calorie sugar free snack pack and it seriously tastes like brownie batter. :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard tastes great. I've tried the French Vanilla Creme and Delicious Strawberry flavors. I have the chocolate coming in the mail tomorrow. They have an all-natural option in some flavors, but it doesn't taste as good.

EAS whey vanilla tastes pretty good too, but comes with more cholesterol and carbs, which you may not want.

Target vanilla whey tastes ok as a budget option, but now that I've found ON, I only use it as a stop-gap measure if I run out and forget to order more.

I didn't find that any of them left a noticeable after-taste.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My fave is MuscleTech's Phase 8 Vanilla, but as stated above, the ON flavors are pretty good too.
  • dagonee
    dagonee Posts: 10
    Options
    I use Nitrean Dutch Chocolate flavor. Also, I add a bit of almond extract to each shake. It also help to add ice to make it a smoothie, if you have a good blender.
  • afraser1991
    Options
    If you live near a costco go there! their brand is amazing 2g of fat and 25g of protein. i get a 25KG container for 32.99 which is amazing and its the best i have tasted out there.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    If you live near a costco go there! their brand is amazing 2g of fat and 25g of protein. i get a 25KG container for 32.99 which is amazing and its the best i have tasted out there.

Is that a typo?
  • KatjaNZ
    KatjaNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We tried a few and ended up buying Myofusion again and again, flavour chocolate.
    Tastes like a nice chocolate milk shake, no bad after taste at all. Our kids do a lot of sports, so it's for the whole family.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/myofusion-probiotic-series.html
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I really like gnc 100% soy isolate in chocolate. No aftertaste, low carb, 25 g protein and cheap. Tried other protein powders in the past I didn't like, whatever you do don't get body fortress nasty!
  • GlacierFitness
    GlacierFitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology, Tropical Shakeology, Chocolate Vegan Shakeology!!!!

I add mint extract to the Choc. and it's wonderful! Chocolate Mint shake! I also like to add pineapple and banana to the tropical. or i add peanut butter to the chocolate, tastes like Resse peanut butter cups. Incredible stuff! My kids LOVE it!! :love: :love: :love:
  • Hishtagat
    Hishtagat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The aftertaste is specific to whey isolates and hydrolysates for the most part, regular whey concentrate tends to be devoid of it. So, just look into getting the latter rather than the former.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Trutein - pretty much any of their flavors

Optimum Nutrition is good also.
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    Phd Diet Whey Chocolate. DELICIOUS!