Jillian Michaels - WHATS THE BEST DVD TO BUY

Options
As it the subject states, what is the best dvd to get?

I've dont the 30 day shred, I will do this one again, but I don't like the fact its only 20mins long, I like my workouts to be at lest 30mins long.

With your recommendations are the dvds meant to be done every day?
How long are the work outs?
Is there any additional equipment needed?
What were the results like?

Replies

• WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I'd like to know this too.
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cwglosin4vaca
    cwglosin4vaca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am on Level2 of the 30 day shred. I do level 2 then do level1 and when I get to Level3 I will follow it with level1.
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've done them all!

Best DVD is Ripped in 30. Why? 4 Different work-outs...1 per week. You will not get bored. She NEVER repeats a move, which is really cool.

This video will kick your *kitten*!

I thought week 1 was going to be easy since I've done 30-day shred and boost fat metabolism, but true to Jillian's promise, I couldn't even stand and sit without moaning from the pain after the first work-out.

I start level 3 today and I'm excited. I might just start all over once I'm done.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks, as I said i've already done the 30 day, I once did all levels in one day, couldn't walk the next day!
    I just need a new DVD to get me motivated.
  • helloburger
    Options
    Thanks!
    Have you lost much weight with ripped in 30? Or any inches?
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    6 pack 6 week its abs but you burn alot of calories from the cardio and its 30 minutes. Banish the fat boost metabolism is 45 minutes long and that workout will kill you!
  • USC_SKH
    USC_SKH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism are two great DVDs. They are both 50 minutes long. NMTZ uses dumbbells and a mat. BFBM is strictly cardio and you dont need anything but a mat. They are both great! I havent been able to get through both DVD's but I do a custom workout using the two. Each DVD is broken up into 7 six minute circuits plus a warm up and cool down. I start with NMTZ and do 4 circuits and then do 4 circuits of BFBM. I burn between 600-700 calories.
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I agree.The best DVD is Ripped in 30.I just got killer buns and thighs.That one looks good too.
  • helloburger
    Options
    I've just reordered Ripped in 30, it doesn't come out in the UK until December 27th.
    I wont get the actual DVD until the 30th... So I plan to do 30 Day shred at the beginning of December so by the 30 days are up I can go straight onto the RIPPED IN 30....

Also I just found this on google, This woman's results are amazing!

http://www.workingouteatingin.com/2011/06/11/ripped-in-30-before-after/
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism are two great DVDs. They are both 50 minutes long. NMTZ uses dumbbells and a mat. BFBM is strictly cardio and you dont need anything but a mat. They are both great! I havent been able to get through both DVD's but I do a custom workout using the two. Each DVD is broken up into 7 six minute circuits plus a warm up and cool down. I start with NMTZ and do 4 circuits and then do 4 circuits of BFBM. I burn between 600-700 calories.

NMTZ is a good one!! My thighs and tri-ceps are 'talking' to me the next day!! Great sweat session.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Check out exercisetv.tv.com - they have several DVDs on sale for $5.00 right now. The Biggest Loser ones are on sale for $10. They have video clips - so you know what you're getting.
  • ink176
    ink176 Posts: 5
    Options
    http://www.squidoo.com/jillian-michaels-review --- I've reviewed all of them here so you can pick based on your priorities (length, difficulty level, calories it burns, etc)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/jillian-michaels-videos-88

Collagevideo.com has video clips & dozens of reviews .... they have 19 of her videos. The great thing about Collage is they tell you what equipment is required, if it's high impact, the length (chaptering) and categorize beginner, intermediate, etc. Someone does every video.
  • Ericav05
    Ericav05 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really like her Yoga Meltdown DVD... I usually run and then do this afterwards, and I have DEFINITELY toned up and gained some muscle. It's a great body weight training video!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm personally a big fan of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Even though it's meant to be done over the courseof 90 days, I'm extending out the time on each set of DVDs so it will take six months. You need hand weights and tubing, and you do two strength training and one cardio DVD for two weeks, then switch to the next set and keep doing that until the end of the 90 days. It's only 30 minutes, which fits into my schedule, and I like the fact that it's well rounded. I'm three weeks in and losing inches.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can find them on YouTube... perhaps you won't want to do them on there, but you can try some out and see which ones you like. I personally think Ripped in 30 is way better than the 30 Day Shred, but it's also about 25 minutes per workout. I also do Yoga Meltdown which is about 30 minutes from warmup to cooldown. I haven't tried any others yet... but I like to do the short workout with her DVD and then do something else in addition.

In Ripped in 30 she recommends working out 5-6 days a week.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    My favorite was Body Revolution which is 12 DVD's fro about $120. It is 90 days, but it changes every two weeks and I was never bored. Personally, I like having a program with a start and an end date. Keeps me accountable and going even when I might want to take some time off.

I have about 5 other of her DVD's (and of course started with the shred as well) and I love them all. AFter I completed BR I just rotated through them for a month or so. I loved the Kickbox Fast Fix one, high burns and super energy. A little clumsy feeling at first but you will learn the moves. There are 3 20 minute workouts in that and I would usually do 2 of them back to back.

Extreme shed & Shred, lovely. Mixes brazil fighting techniques which are awesome! Fusion workout in two levels each 1/2 hour but you are supposed to try and do both back to back (which is actually 80 minutes with warm up and cool down).

No More Trouble Zones- concentrates on strength more, focusing in on different muscles groups using dumb bells. Nice pace to it and you just feel strong doing it. Does get boring after a while.

So you either buy Body Revolution and drop $120, or buy like 7-8 different DVD's and spend the same. Having the variety will keep it fresh though,. Best of Luck. I LOVE jillian!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Just thought of something to add on Body Revolution. They sell it at Target, which is where I bought it. I hate buying any exercise program online because the websites always try to trick you into signing up for other things, sell your address and phone number, etc. You don't get the tubing if you buy it at Target, but you get everything else (recipes, journal, etc.). I already have tubing, so it was well worth it to me not to be signed up for scammy stuff.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm extending out the time on each set of DVDs so it will take six months.

Good for you!