Shakeology

Options
Hey, does anyone have any experience with Shakeology? is it worth it? or are they like really similar to smoothies?

Replies

• Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience, but I have been reading about it and my conclusion was that it is unnecessary
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Definately not worth it. Most taste like garbage and are not great considering the price. Shakeology is the same as all the other weight loss shakes out there.

You could either eat well or make a shake with your own fresh foods which would turn out to be cheaper and much better than shakeology.

When I make my own shake I blend up a handful of spinach, some parsley, than whatever fruit I have around. For protein I either add in yogurt or tofu.. you could also add in a protein powder. I used to use a vanilla flavoured one.

I don't make smoothies often as I would prefer real food but when I do have a smoothie I just make it with fresh ingredients as opposed to some powder made in a factory. It takes a bit more time but it's worth it. To save time my mother blends up a bunch of kale, some spinach and a bit of water than freezes it in ice cub trays. She than blends up a bunch of fruit with some protein powder, yogurt and water and than freezes that in ice cub trays. She doesn't have much time for lunch at work so she takes a smoothie that she can bring to her work station with her to drink. She puts water in a jar, adds in a few of the veggie and fruit cubes and brings that to work. By the time lunch comes the cubes are melted, a quick shake and it's good to go. Sounds weird but works for her. She spends maybe 3 hours on the weekend once a month to prep everything.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Shakeology = $hitology
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    I assume it may be an aquired taste because a friend gave me a sample and it was AWFUL!! :sick: I decided that I could make a smoothie with all natural ingredients and be better off!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    what for?
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • GirlyGirl28a
    GirlyGirl28a Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    lol (to the ****-ology post) haha..
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Definately not worth it. Most taste like garbage and are not great considering the price. Shakeology is the same as all the other weight loss shakes out there.

You could either eat well or make a shake with your own fresh foods which would turn out to be cheaper and much better than shakeology.

When I make my own shake I blend up a handful of spinach, some parsley, than whatever fruit I have around. For protein I either add in yogurt or tofu.. you could also add in a protein powder. I used to use a vanilla flavoured one.

I don't make smoothies often as I would prefer real food but when I do have a smoothie I just make it with fresh ingredients as opposed to some powder made in a factory. It takes a bit more time but it's worth it. To save time my mother blends up a bunch of kale, some spinach and a bit of water than freezes it in ice cub trays. She than blends up a bunch of fruit with some protein powder, yogurt and water and than freezes that in ice cub trays. She doesn't have much time for lunch at work so she takes a smoothie that she can bring to her work station with her to drink. She puts water in a jar, adds in a few of the veggie and fruit cubes and brings that to work. By the time lunch comes the cubes are melted, a quick shake and it's good to go. Sounds weird but works for her. She spends maybe 3 hours on the weekend once a month to prep everything.

Wow your mom is a genious! Really smoothies take sooo long to make. And I dont have time to make one in the morning. The idea of freezing it will save TONS of time.

As for Shakeology, I don't believe its necessary. Plus last time I checked its highly expensive!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's a really expensive protein shake. If you eat enough fruits and veggies and balance of proteins and fats, you will get the same nutrition and hit all your macro's and micro's.
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    My smoothie literally takes five minutes to make including clean up. I use spinach, broccoli, banana, strawberry, blueberries and strawberries.

The most important thing about fruits and veggies is freshness. They lose nutrients with time. Fresh fruits and vegetables are clearly superior to some packaged powder.
  • BlestLiz
    BlestLiz Posts: 41
    Options
    I've tried it & paid for 2 bags!! 1 bag is $120 plus the "gimmicky" sales tactic "if you become a coach you can..." yep, I bought it & then you pay a monthly fee. Anyway, I thought I loved it at first, makes you feel full (say, like protein does:) after a couple weeks of having it for breakfast, I was just sick of it. The last time I made it, took it to work and it was like trying to drink chocolate pudding. Couldn't do it.

Now, there are a million ways to mix it and it woudn't have hurt to but some water in it, but get yourself a multi-vitamins & a protein shake...voila!
  • FitWithTiff
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology for over 6 months. :)) I am not a coach and LOVE it. I will never go without it.
  • Nmorfitt
    Nmorfitt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! I have been drinking it for 8-9 months!