How to lose the last 10-15 pounds?

Options
I am very active, always dieting and taking care of what I eat, very healthy, don't drink, don't smoke. Low-Carb diet. No sweets, no bread, no pastries, no sh&%$t comes into my body. I do weight training, cardio, 5 days a week. I sleep well...blah blah
I found soooooooo difficult to lose 10 or 15 pounds. I want to be and look skinnier and cut my ABS but I don't know what happen?
What should I DO?:sad: I am 5'7" , 145 lbs, waist 30, hips 38, neck 13. I want to be like 130 lbs, that's my dreamed weight. :happy:

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    HIIT?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. How many calories are you eating?
  • malena43
    malena43 Posts: 31
    Options
    I try to do 1300 cals but sometimes I go over. As I exercise I am very hungry.
  • malena43
    Options
    I'll try it. Thanks!!!
  • DeathListFive
    DeathListFive Posts: 29 Member
    Options

There IS such thing as not eating enough, you know. Try readjusting your calories and macros.
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Eat more, lift weights and throw in only HIIT for cardio
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Go for a BOdy fat percentage lost not pounds :)

I'm 5'3" 141 - BF - 22.7 and going for 17% -- my pounds will not move all that much from the lifting.

I eat around 1700+
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs/week, eat adequate protein and lift heavy (these all ensure that while losing most of it will be fat and not lean muscle) and give it time.

Cardio optional, but if you do it you will have to eat more.
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I went through this as well for weeks with my last ~5lbs. you've got less to lose so it stands to reason losing it will be more difficult. Adjust your goals to lose less weight per week - maybe adjust your nutrition macros to have a higher number for protein, and less carbs/fat. Also maybe add in some heavier weights. The additional weight will build muscle that'll help with burning your last few pounds.

best of luck!
  • malena43
    Options
    Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs/week, eat adequate protein and lift heavy (these all ensure that while losing most of it will be fat and not lean muscle) and give it time.

Cardio optional, but if you do it you will have to eat more.

thanks!! I'll take your recommendations!! :)
  • malena43
    Options

There IS such thing as not eating enough, you know. Try readjusting your calories and macros.

What is macros??
  • malena43
    Options

I'm 5'3" 141 - BF - 22.7 and going for 17% -- my pounds will not move all that much from the lifting.

I eat around 1700+

I will increase my calories definitly. Do you know how many calories on each meal? and snacks?
  • mmctaw
    mmctaw Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel but luckily there are tons of ways to break through that weight loss barrier! If you're always dieting, you probably need to do a diet reset by eating at your maintenance calories for ~2 weeks and then returning to your calorie restricted diet.

In general, if you're also exercising you should be eating at your calorie goal + some high percentage of your exercise calories. I don't trust the calorie counts on machines and calculations from most apps due to some news stories I've seen on how off they can be. I usually assume 70-80% of what the machine or app says I actually burned. For example, if your calorie goal is 1500 calories and you burn 500 calories working out, then you should be eating ~2000 calories. MFP already does this calculation for you with the net calories. That being said, I still recommend only eating up to 90% of exercise calories and preferably in the 70-80% range (i.e. 350-400 additional calories in this example) because improperly calibrated machines can be WAY off.

If you've tried eating at maintenance calories for 2 weeks and can't break through the plateau, then consider increasing the intensity of your workouts. HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), increasing weight during resistance training or simply adding in an extra walk a few times a week are all ways that can help you get rid of that extra weight.

If that doesn't work, you can try cycling your macronutrients (i.e. protein/carb/fat breakdown). Keep your carbs low on non-workout days and high on workout days. This alone can cause your calories to cycle as well which is a good thing by keeping your body off balance.

Yet another option is Intermittent Fasting ("IF"). If you have or have ever had any sort of eating related issues I do NOT recommend this dieting principle. IF is the method that I've recently had success with in breaking through my weight loss plateau. There are several variations of IF which you can read about here: http://www.leangains.com/2008/06/brief-primer-on-popular-approaches-to.html The general principles behind IF are very simple: don't eat for a certain period of time and then eat during a specific "feeding window". If you're interested in exploring IF more, there is also an excellent e-book I found in one of the MFP threads in which the author discusses his various experiments with the process: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting

In any scenario, good luck with your fitness goals! We are all rooting for you!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Macros are the breakdown between Carbohydrates, Fats and Protein.

"Macros" (macronutrients) are not "the breakdown between carb, pro,fat", they are, by definition the 3 calorie providing nutrients (Ie: Carbs, Pro, Fat).
  • malena43
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :) very helpful!! I will let you know how did it go!!:smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this
    double ditto (and workout 5 times a week would way to much for me... I'd be too tired, too hungry, grumpy, and have water weight)
  • malena43
    Options

I eat around 1700+

I will increase my calories definitly. Do you know how many calories on each meal? and snacks?

Mine is 27% going for a least 24% :(