Stronglifts 5x5 question???????

Options
I am 5'6'' and weigh 153 pounds, I started this stronglifts program to try and firm up and build some muscle mass. But at the same time I am trying to lose some weight, I need to get down to about 140. How should I eat, can I still eat at a defecit while doing this program and build muscle mass and lose weight ?

What should I do???

Replies

• yanks21494
    Options
    Also could I do cardio on days that alternate with stronglift days??
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    You will gain some size and strength initially because you are a newb but you'll hit a wall at some point because of the caloric deficit.

If you want to do cardio, I would recommend doing it before or after you lift so that you can actually rest on your rest days. It's would be beneficial to your strength gains to not do low, slow cardio on a hamster wheel like most people do. I would recommend doing sprints up a hill or with a weighted sled. You can also pick up something heavy (doesn't matter what it is) and carry it around. All of these options should be done for short distances (I do 50 meters) but with extremely high intensity for 10-20 sets and with 60-90 seconds of rest between sets.
  • yanks21494
    Options
    would I better off be eating at a slight surplus?? will I still be able to lose my belly fat while eating at a surplus?