Anyone getting married?

Options
Is anyone getting married soon? I have a wedding in September.

I fit in a size 12 dress for my fitting but I just started losing weight gain and have already lost 8 lbs. I have quite a bit to lose. I ordered a size 10 petite dress. I now have to work my *kitten* off. :laugh:

Replies

• dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sounds good...you have a goal. Go for it.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    Sept 28 here!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Happily engaged for the last 3 years and plan to stay that way.
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Getting married October 5th! I met my fiancé on here! :)
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Getting married October 5th! I met my fiancé on here! :)

That's wonderful!!!
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Engaged and getting married August 23 2014, here!
  • stephaniegcoffey
    stephaniegcoffey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on July 20, which crept up on me extremely quickly! I do not really want to lose weight because I am at a healthy weight now, but I want to look more toned for the wedding. Particularly my arms and shoulders for the strapless dress. I'd also like to get rid of my love handles just because (not just for the wedding).

I am doing 30 day shred alternating with a modified version of C25k, because when I started I could already run a mile. I'm not sure if 3 months is enough time to notice a difference though!

What are you ladies doing to get buff before your weddings? Do you think I can get definition in my arms in 3 months? Any advice?
  • tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    I am getting married June 23, 2013 on the beach. I got my dress several months back, I think in january. I had to get a size 16 to fit my chest. It was already getting to be taken in in some areas such at the waist, hips. Since then I have lost probably 4-5 lbs but a good 4 inches in my hips alone and 2-3 inches in my waist and another 2 inches in my bust. Kind of wish I had gotten the 14 now so less alterations would need to be done but oh well.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on July 20, which crept up on me extremely quickly! I do not really want to lose weight because I am at a healthy weight now, but I want to look more toned for the wedding. Particularly my arms and shoulders for the strapless dress. I'd also like to get rid of my love handles just because (not just for the wedding).

I am doing 30 day shred alternating with a modified version of C25k, because when I started I could already run a mile. I'm not sure if 3 months is enough time to notice a difference though!

What are you ladies doing to get buff before your weddings? Do you think I can get definition in my arms in 3 months? Any advice?

I highly recommend getting a chin-up bar for your door frame. Don't worry if you can't do one you start by standing on a chair and gently lowering yourself to the ground over and over. You'll be able to do some in no time!
  • miatine
    miatine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on July 13th =) I got my dress back in November I think? It was on sale, and we couldn't zip it, but I figured I would get a corset panel put in... but then the last time I tried it on at the end of January me and my bridesmaids got it zipped! It was uncomfortable, but motivating, so that is what actually got me going here... I haven't tried it on since, but I will get a chance later this month and I'm hoping that some of the hard work I've done will pay off =)