Eating at a Buffet

Options
2»

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Main dishes should not feature meat as the main ingredient.

Orlly? why is that exactly?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Piece of cake babycakes!!!!:bigsmile: This is how I roll!!!

Rd 1.......SHRIMP the cooked & peeled one with cocktail sauce! NOT the fried breaded junk!

Rd 2.......Veggies and oven baked chicken & whatever MEAT they are carving up!!

RD. 3.......SALAD!!.............dont go all buck wild with the dressings and cheeses and stuff!

Rd 4........A glass of milk and some JEELLOOOO!!!!

damn!!!!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Heres how I eat at Golden Corral:

Trip One-Salad
    Trip Two-Steak, mashed potatoes/fries, corn, garlic knots
    Trip Three-Chicken, more mashed potatoes/fries/garlic knots
    Trip 4-Desert

After that, I'm an totally stuffed and done!
  • princess_goal
    princess_goal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any tips on how to eat healthy at a buffet like Golden Corral?

Don't.

I Agree , if you try to lose, one of the rules is NOT to go to a buffet...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    NO that would be sending a recovering alcoholic to a brewery and telling them to be good. I would just have to write that meal off.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    My strategy(TEHO/YMMV):
    1) Ask for 2-3 glasses of water so you don't have to wait long for refills; Drink 1-2 before you even take your first trip
    2) 1st trip - plate FULL of salad; lite dressing on the side, use fork method; heavy on high-water (e.g. cucumber) and high-fiber/protein (e.g. beans, turkey) items
    3) During/after 1st plate, drink 2 more glasses of water and wait 5-10 min before 2nd trip
    4) I can eat anything/everything I want, but it must fit on 1 plate without piling high (sampler plate) or falling off side
    5) During/after 2nd plate, drink 2 more glasses of water and wait 5-10 min before 3rd trip
    6) 3rd trip is focused on 1-3 items that I REALLY like, small portions, only fills about half the plate and a dessert on the side, usually carrot cake and/or ice cream

I try to go for lunch and have low cal b'fast and only fruit for dinner/snack. If timing means I have to go for dinner, I try to get in a 1,000+ cal burn ahead of time or eat light (e.g. half cals; mostly fruit/veg) the following day.

this is a good idea and you will find that you cant handle the volume and portions you used to.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Golden Corral does have nutritional information on line,

Hopefully they include the nutrition info for all of the kid-snot and fruit flies all over that buffet. Mmmm protein!

Can you tell I don't like the G.C.? :noway: :laugh:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Here are my rules:
    1) Only fill the plate once.
    2) Go around and get the vegetables/salad first, see what else is available/choose wisely.
    3) Last I get small servings of the "what else" category, only the stuff that really appealed to me. The plate can't be heaped; it has to look like a reasonable meal.
    4) I have a lemonade iced tea ("Arnold Palmer") to drink.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Bleh. I haven't been to a buffet in ages and I will go ages more. Or never go to one again and I am cool with that. I would rather make something yummy at home.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Have a big salad to start, dressing on the side. Then opt for baked, roasted, or grilled meats, not fried. I personally avoid the starchy veggies and stick to the greener variety. The last time I went they had some baked "new orleans" fish that was delicious! Fruit for dessert!!!
  • joshuadavisped
    Options
    Anyone have any tips on how to eat healthy at a buffet like Golden Corral?

Don't.

I Agree , if you try to lose, one of the rules is NOT to go to a buffet...

this lol
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I eat a like a fat *kitten* at buffets. I either count them as a cheat meal, make it my only meal of the day, or eat lower calories the next day.