Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am currently going into the last week of phase one of Body Revolution and I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was also doing it or has completed it and how they are getting/got on?

I got on ok with weeks one and two but she fairly steps it up in weeks two and three! I have lost around 8 lbs in 3 weeks but I feel stronger and more toned as well.

I must admit I am not 100% following the diet plan, but I have made a lot of changes, like increasing protein and pretty much cutting out processed foods.

What does anybody else who is doing it think?

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Replies

• a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've recently finished BR and really enjoyed the program. My results weren't as amazing as others doing the program (as i'm in maintenance and only concentrating on BF% and toning) but i have seen great progress within my BR support group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10436-jillian-michaels-body-revolution-2013

Feel free to join!!
  • Jen_niferH86
    Options
    Thank you! I have just joined! :smile:
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have done this particular program about 3 times in the past year that I have had it, skipping weeks 1-4 the second time because I am at a more advanced pace. Honestly, I really didn't lose any weight with it, just inches. I couldn't use the diet plan that came with it due to the fact that I can't eat a lot of the foods that she suggests, but I do eat mostly fruits and veggies. One thing I noticed was that the last set of DVDs in the program weeks 9-12 aren't as tough as weeks 5-8 so you might want to add something to your routine to get that extra burn in.
  • Jen_niferH86
    Options
    Thank you! this is good to know! I am only one week away from Phase two and I am a bit worried about it! :smile:
  • Roger2018
    Options
    My wife and I are in the last 2 weeks of the BR program, we have seen good results, she has lost 20 pounds and I have lost 40 pounds so far. We do feel stonger also, we do not follow the meal plan 100% of the time, but do watch the amount of calories we take in and what types of food. keep it up and you can't help but see progress.
  • Jen_niferH86
    Options
    Thanks Roger, well done on your results!
  • noellerocks
    Options
    I start week 4 today. I agree that jumping into week 3 was super painful lol. I actually did the 30 Day Shred right before starting this program and (foolishly) thought weeks 1 & 2 were "so easy." Ha! I did follow the kickstart week to a tee and have been mostly using her recipes but like you, modifying a bit. I am definitely keeping in line with her calories per meal guidelines.

Up to starting the program, I had been steadily losing about a pound a week, but I have actually seen my weight loss jump to losing 2 pounds a week. Regardless of what the scale says, the proof for me with Jillian's workouts is in the measurements. I don't know my numbers off the top of my head (they are in my blog on my profile if you are interested) but between the 30 Day Shred and the first 3 weeks of Body Rev, I have lost massive (for me lol) inches off of literally every spot on my body. I know that I am definitely shaping my body with this. I highly recommend, if you haven't already done so, to take those measurements to really see what amazing results are happening. :)
  • princess_goal
    princess_goal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am at week 5-6 now,
    Lost 8Lbs so far and lost 2-3 inches all over my body.
    I feel awesome. I do not follow her diet plan AT ALL. I try to eat healthy. (apart from couple of cheat days here and there)
    I have an open diary.
    The jump from the frist set of dvds to the second set was...ehhh insane with the push up planks I wanna die!!!!!
    I do not do her cardio dvds because I find them boring, I run on treadmill or do elliptical instead..
    Feel free to add me if you want to discuss :)
  • Jen_niferH86
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It is good to hear from people that are further on in the program and getting some tips!

I am half way through week four now so only 3 more workouts left until phase two which I am nervous about!

I did take my measurements at the start, when I finish week four I must compare them! :smile:
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I finished the program about 3 weeks ago & since then found that I missed it (!) and restarted it again yesterday from the beginning. The 1st round I lost 6 pounds in the 1st phase and the hit a plateau on the scale. I did lose about 13-15 inches though. This time I'm using heavier weights & even though I've done the program before, I am still sore after the workouts.

Good luck with the program :)
  • schmeckpeper
    schmeckpeper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finished the 30Day Shred last week and completed Phase 1 Workout 1 of Body Revolution yesterday. The shred definitely helped me get through it quite easily. I almost died on Level 1 of the Shred. Good to know Phase 2 is harder. Comment about Phase 3 not being harder is kinda confusing. Everybody is different....will just have to try myself ;-)

I've got my diet down already so I'm not following her plan really....but some recipies look really good. I also don't think I can cut back to only 4 meals..... I'm used to doing 6. Keeping cals around 1500 - 1700 average (some days less some days more).

Feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • Jen_niferH86
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone! I finished phase one today and so I will weigh in tomorrow and see what my total weight loss for phase one is!

I am nervous about start phase two on Monday! But looking forward to the results :smile: