Feeling down

Options
:cry: Feeling really down today, don't really know why. except for the part of why i am trapped in this body? Usually when I feel like this I just give up but i am holding on only because i just lost 11 pounds, besides that I am really down.

Replies

• 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    All I can say is keep your chin up and keep fighting.
  • Mswife09
    Mswife09 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'll try!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    i just lost 11 pounds

Just 11 pounds? Are you kidding. That's a huge difference. A full gallon of water only weighs about 8.3 pounds. Hold a gallon and a half of water for 30 minutes and then set it down and see if you notice a difference. You're making great progress. Just keep it up.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    well I think you are lovely. I have no "you should cheer up" nonsense. Feel how you feel. When I feel down I allow myself be utterly stupidly ridiculous about it and throw myself a giant pity party and that usually makes me laugh, and I cheer up!

Watch this - it will make you smile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iswiKQbtwXQ&feature=share

Hope you have a better day.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Take all this frustration you are feeling and use it for something positive. Go for a run, lift some weights. Just get out of the house and walk around your neighborhood. Anything.
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Don't give up you done so well!!! I know how you feel. Just remember nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Use the search function and find success stories with pictures it will pump you up!!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    it happens keep going youll have good days and bad.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If we never feel down we would never be able to appreciate happiness...so be down for now, it will pass soon enough and you can enjoy being happy again!

I find listening to some good tunes always cheers me up, try it.

Congrats on the weight loss, keep at it :drinker:
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk! That always makes me feel better. Or, turn on some music and dance around the house in your underwear.... seriously. You will feel so ridiculous you will smile. 11 pounds is a huge loss.... bigger than a newborn baby. You are doing awesome. Its good to reach out for support when you are down... thats what we are here for! Keep smiling and be proud..... I am sending a FR your way if you need anything let me know!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It's ok to feel down sometimes. It's human.

Tomorrow is a new day, and so the day after that, and so on and so forth. You got this.

Also, 11 pounds is AWESOME. You go girl. I'm at 11 pounds lost too- and I totally get impatient and anxious-- but I know I didn't put on the extra weight overnight...so it's not going to come off overnight either. Slow and steady hun.

:) Melis
  • Embee_2311
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. There are sometimes days like that, but for sure there'll be brighter ones too. Hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • Mswife09
    Mswife09 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    FortyNorth that video was very cute.
  • sljenkins
    sljenkins Posts: 76
    Options
    I had lost 16 pounds since the second week of January and last week I gained back 3. I was down and out for a few days and with the encouragement of friends, I am now okay with it and picking up where I left off. It didn't just appear over night and it won't disappear over night. Every day is a new day and a second chance to be better than we were the day before. Good luck! :)
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Just remember nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

I love this quote. I think you have done so well, 11 lb is a lot of weight. I'm not sure what size potatoes are sold in over your way, but lift up one of those bags and it will just blow your mind!!

Bananas - eat bananas, they will help lift your mood.

Sugar - check your sugar levels, if they are too high that can lower your mood. I have a lot of trouble with my levels coz I have such a sweet tooth but I live with it and try and manage it.

And one wee trick I was told once was look up into the sky - you will automatically smile! It seems to be a reflex action of some sort, but once it happens to me I start laughiing coz it's so wierd.

And most of all TAKE CARE.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Check out some of these blogs for more info. about depression & interesting recipe's: www.mariahealth.blogspot.com, www.marksdailyapple & www.wheatbelly.com for more insight on why you may be feeeling this way is b/c of what you may be ingesting. Hope this helps & I hope you feel better.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You're doing great so far! Just keep at it! :)
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling down because you are looking at the big goal and thinking you will never get there? Try splitting it up into weekly or monthly goals so you have something to celebrate. hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    11lbs is a great start. You are not trapped in your body, you've just demonstrated you can change your body so keep going... don't sabotage yourself.
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk it will clear your head, while your on your walk think about the best things about your self think of the improvements you have already seen in your self. Listen to up beat music while on your walk.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Is it almost that time of month? I always get really down for a day just before I get it but at the time I never realise that is why I'm so down! It's those beeping hormones :smile: Hope you are feeling better soon! :flowerforyou: