Lipotrim

Options
Saw an ad in local chemist window today, any one in UK tried this, cost?
Iris

Replies

• thegreatestlove
    thegreatestlove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have seen it advertised a lot (in the US), but do not know of anyone who has actually tried it. It would be quite interesting to hear from someone who has tried it.
  • Lizziee94
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of Lipotrim. I got it from my local chemist it is £36 p/w in the uk!
    You have 21 sachets per week and have a choice of chocolate, strawberry or vanilla shakes. You also have the option to get chicken soup but for my first week I only got choc and strawberry as I have heard the soup is disgusting!
    Basically you pour your sachet into at least 240ml of water, whisk/shake and drink!
    You can only have 3 shakes or soups per day with nothing else except water or black tea/coffee. I believe cube sweeteners are allowed but haven't tried any hot drinks yet. 4litres of water a day must be consumed on this diet and no less!!
    I must say I thought I would find it a lot harder than I am (first 4 days are meant to be hell). One thing this diet has taught me already is I previously ate because I was bored or wanted too and not because I needed too, so far I have lost 5lb but this is expected in the first week as it is 'water weight' and then weight loss becomes more steady.

My pharmacist has asked me not to exercise this week but has said I can carry on as normal from next week. I have only been doing this for 3 days so cannot really comment on much more. I hope this helped :)
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    These things don't work. DOn't waste your money or risk your health.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It's a crash diet. It will be as effective as most crash diets, which usually yield temporary results and provide no nutritional education.

I wouldn't waste my money. Save it and put it toward an appointment with a registered dietitian. You will be more successful in the long run.
  • Lizziee94
    Options
    Well that is simply a matter of your own opinions. I am doing great on this diet and have lost 1st9lbs in total in just over 4 weeks!
    It is very effective and there is a Lipotrim forum online similar to this with many men and women who have completed the diet/refeed and are now maintaining the weight just fine.

It has been the most effective diet I have tried and helped me lose the quickest. Like I say it is all a matter of opinions but if somebody was really struggling and needing help like I was myself then I say give it a go!! :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Well that is simply a matter of your own opinions. I am doing great on this diet and have lost 1st9lbs in total in just over 4 weeks!
    It is very effective and there is a Lipotrim forum online similar to this with many men and women who have completed the diet/refeed and are now maintaining the weight just fine.

It has been the most effective diet I have tried and helped me lose the quickest. Like I say it is all a matter of opinions but if somebody was really struggling and needing help like I was myself then I say give it a go!! :)

At what point are you going to learn to eat properly and exercise? That's my concern with these sort of fad diets.
  • gamersgym
    gamersgym Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Proper diet and exercise >>>> anything
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Yep another "miracle" weight loss plan. Doesn't teach you about how to eat correctly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pixijude
    pixijude Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    im on my second round of lipotrim, it is regulated by a professional and is even dearer in NI! i've maintained my weight loss from my first time and am now aiming to get an extra bit of weight off. it is hard and it does need dedication but the results are amazing. i haven't been the weight i am since my early teens. it has given me more confidence. yes it is pricey but its money that i would have used on a night out, thats how i look at it anyway. however each to their own, not everyone is suited to the same weight loss route
  • Lizziee94
    Lizziee94 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree. Each to their own! I know diet and exercise is the life long goal, I lost almost 2 stone doing this myself but hit a brick wall and didnt lose anything and got disheartened. I am going onto my 11th week on Lipotrim and from the start of my weight loss have lost 4.5 stone!! It is well worth the money in my opinion and although you may not think so has educated me about the right and wrong foods. I know many people who have lost with lipotrim and have maintained including two workers at my chemist! If you prefer to diet and exercise that is fine but do not slag the diet off when you clearly haven't tried it..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    So it's like $70.00 a week for shakes?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It does seem to be popular in the uk for quick.holiday weightloss. I personally think it's a lot of money and it does not take into account of daily life. Also of the numerous people I've know who've tried this all habe regained the lost weight eventually or could not keep it up financially.
    That said if you can sustain it and maintain after all power to you.xx
  • Lizziee94
    Lizziee94 Posts: 4
    Options
    In the UK it is £36 per week, this gets you 21 sachets (3 a day). For me personally, I would spend more on shopping for food for the week so I have actually seen that I have spent less doing this diet. I know people may think it is a lot of money and there not wrong it is but like I say for me personally I actually find I have saved money. I am hoping to come off near the end of June and maintain. There is a forum on the Internet called minimins.com this is all the proof I need that people can and do maintain weightloss from this diet. It's like with any diet - if you fall into bad habits then you will gain again. Some diets work for people and some don't, for me this has been a great sucsess and I don't regret it at all.