Plank!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Meiya007
    Meiya007 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Are you doing the plank on your elbows or on your hands? Either way, that's impressive!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You did awesome. I am at goal -140lbs with a 36lbs loss & I still struggle with doing a plank for a full minute. I try & try. You rocked it out.
  • EmmaJackson130
    EmmaJackson130 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You are heavier than me and I only managed 30seconds today. I have just added it to my gym work out as something to build on.

Great job!!
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Keep going!!! I've had to do 2 minute planks for the strength program I'm using, and I hate them. Mostly because I can't stand being still for 2 minutes.

Put a book down on the floor and read while you're planking. Works for me!
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I work with a woman who does Cross-fit and she told me that she won a competition once by planking for 5 minutes. That became my new goal and I was up to 1 min, 45 seconds. Then I read an article on yahoo (I know, I know) that once you get past 1 minute you are wasting your time because it is a static exercise.

What have you guys all heard? Is that true or not?
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I start shaking at about 00:45 haha I can do a full minute but it's SUPER hard... this reminds me brb.... ok did it! LOL
  • kvcash
    kvcash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Meiya007 I did it on my elbows. :)
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My ex-trainer does core strength classes and she challenges them to hold it for 1.5 minutes or 2 minutes. It is hard for so many people. 1 minute is really good right off bat.
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Planks use so many muscles. You're off to a GREAT start!! Keep on smiling and keep on working to get healthy!!! You go girl!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Keep going!!! I've had to do 2 minute planks for the strength program I'm using, and I hate them. Mostly because I can't stand being still for 2 minutes.

That's a good idea! I tried MFP'ing, but it didn't work so well. :smile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    At the end if aerobics class my instructor makes us do 1 minute planks, then 30 second side planks on each side. I can do it, but it is still hard work, and I've been gymming it for ages and weigh 159. I started at 220 and I'm not sure if I could've done it then. So kudos to you!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

That's a good idea! I tried MFP'ing, but it didn't work so well. :smile:

thanks for the book idea it IS awesome.
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Awesome job!!

I have been working on doing 3 - 1 min planks as part of one of my leg and core circuits. Boy if a min ever feels like FOOOOOREVVVVVER it is in plank position....
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A minute is not easy!! WTG!!!
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My gym owner (an Anytime Fitness) was so proud to inspire us with this video. It is an amazing story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlsK_YPRvXY
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A minute plank is awesome! I'm so jealous!

This morning I worked up to 20 seconds, then collapsed on the floor, nose-to-nose with the cat, and felt both victorious and out of shape - after all, yesterday I managed only 15 seconds, so that's something...lol
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My gym owner (an Anytime Fitness) was so proud to inspire us with this video. It is an amazing story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlsK_YPRvXY

Holy crap!!!
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job! Planks are NOT easy!
  • millea84
    millea84 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What are planks?
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    What are planks?

hee, hee, Google it. Don't feel bad not knowing, you're not alone, I had to google it last week to find out :blushing:

My first attempt was a whole 10 seconds and I weight 190 lbs. One minute is super awesome! Gonna have to start practicing :wink: