Question re what to do at gym

Options
Hi, I have started myself a plan of what I am going to be doing at the gym the days I go, ie Mon = Interval, Tues = Tabata, Wed = Easy run, Thurs = Interval, Fri = Rest, Sat = Tabata, Sun = Distance.

I was just wondering, what do you think that I should do, for example, when i do my Interval training, which only takes about 15 mins at the mo, shoudl I do the interval training first, then do say the cross trainer and rower, or should I do the other stuff first, and then the interval?

Thanks.

Replies

• Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    What is Tabata? I never heard of that before?
  • sarahp80
    sarahp80 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would recommend you do the intervals first. I do a total of 25 min interval session. I try and run 3 mins at a 7.5 or 8 on the treadmill and then walk a bit. If you start with intervals you will find that you can run cross country a lot easier and do a farther distance.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What is Tabata? I never heard of that before?

Have a look at bodyrocktv. The girl on there uses alot of bodyweight exercises and times sessions, so next time you have to beta your score.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you do the intervals first. I do a total of 25 min interval session. I try and run 3 mins at a 7.5 or 8 on the treadmill and then walk a bit. If you start with intervals you will find that you can run cross country a lot easier and do a farther distance.

Ok, so then if I do the intervals first, then I can continue on in the gym and do some crosstrainer work (elleptical) and then some rowing afterwards?
  • Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    Oh okay cool I will have to look into that Thanks!