Success! 75 pounds total loss...so far

Options
Radar330
Radar330 Posts: 15 Member
When I stared trying to loose this weight it was to try to be healthy while being unhealthy. I was 312 pounds and just got diagnosed with pemphigus vulgaris. My bones and blood cells were messed up from the medications. I could barely walk due to foot and back problems. Everyone wanted to do surgery on the part of the body they were taking care of. lol My family doctor told me that I can`t work like this and to declare disability. I told her that she has no idea how much fight this dog has left in it. I have a young family! I started thinking that I had to be able to do something about this mess! What part of this was I able to control? My weight! It could help me with a great deal of what I was dealing with. I started trying on my own. Lost 12 pounds and stalled at 300 pounds. I began thinking that I just couldn`t do it with all of the limitations. Then my wife turned me to my fitness pal. I started reading success stories that people were posting. I started believing again. At this point i have lost an additional 63 pounds for a total loss of 75 pounds so far. I am off blood pressure meds. I am off cholesterol meds. i do not take any pain meds. and I have only had one unavoidable surgery so far. Yeah, I still have 4 ruptured disk, fallen arches, arthritis through out my body, L5 has slid 30% off of S1 and I still have to take Prednisone and low dose chemo orally.... but now....I can run! I have endurance! I am strong again! Most people that I am in contact with daily have no idea that anything is wrong at all. I get asked stuff like. Where do you work out? lol I love it!

Replies

• jackieleannebowman
    jackieleannebowman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is really great, to take control of what you can like that - is really inspiring!! Congrats on your success!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Cool! I appreciate your poste it is motivating. I started out at 368 and have lost forty and am struggling the last two months to just get on with it.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You have done incredible Radar. You and Roo are such inspirations!!! The changes that you guys are making will leave a lasting impression on not only you but your children. Great job and keep it up!!
  • BarbWarp
    BarbWarp Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job and inspiration to us all. Weight can cause alot of health issued that people don't even realize.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    You are awesome. I am inspired by the fact that you took responsibility for what you could control and made a change from there. Don't stop now. Keep inspiring others that they can do it as well.
  • roohill
    roohill Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You are simply amazing.
  • Radar330
    Radar330 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Your kind words are motivating for me.
  • lisha7997
    lisha7997 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration.
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Congratulations to you - I know your family is happy to have an active Dad, especially in the mountains of WV where you can do so much with them outside!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!